The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 13, 2013, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Equipment

Anyone have Force3 Ultimate Equipment bag?

Reviews: Ultimate Equipment BagABUA Online Store

Opinions?

Thanks
Old Mon May 13, 2013, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

Yes, have had it for several years and am very happy.
It was actually a replacement from ABUA.
The bag from ABUA was almost exactly the same except the zippers failed in a very short time.
ABUA re-placed it with this one and it's been great ever since.
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 07:54am
Official Forum Member

Picked one up this season and overall I am pleased with it. The internal pockets do not accommodate shin guards as implied but that is no biggie as the top section has ample room for CP, SG, Mask, and shoes plus a shoebox I use for hat storage. The lower section w/protector inserts for shirt and pant "keepers" is quite handy to store additional uniforms. The wheels are durable, the telescope handle is just the right height, and the zippers seem to be able to handle the regular wear and tear so far. If I am rating this product on 1-10 then I would give it a solid 9 based on first season usage to date.
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 09:15am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmoz View Post
Picked one up this season and overall I am pleased with it. The internal pockets do not accommodate shin guards as implied but that is no biggie as the top section has ample room for CP, SG, Mask, and shoes plus a shoebox I use for hat storage. The lower section w/protector inserts for shirt and pant "keepers" is quite handy to store additional uniforms. The wheels are durable, the telescope handle is just the right height, and the zippers seem to be able to handle the regular wear and tear so far. If I am rating this product on 1-10 then I would give it a solid 9 based on first season usage to date.

Robmoz:

I never thought of that. I am going to go looking for empty shoe boxes for our (MTD, Jr. and me) hats because we have hats for OhioHSAA, MichiganHSAA, ASA, and USSSA. Too many hats one could say, LOL.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmoz View Post
Quick question.....the top compartment will accommodate two pairs of shoes (P&B) in addition too CP/SG/&Mask?
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUmp View Post
Quick question.....the top compartment will accommodate two pairs of shoes (P&B) in addition too CP/SG/&Mask?
I manage to get two pair in there without stretching the zipper stiching too much actually when I place them in a shoe "spooning" position.

But, I have a Diamond mask bag that is separate since I keep a shoebox for hats in my main bag. Amazon.com: Diamond Sports Umpire Field Bag (Black): Sports & Outdoors
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, try this.

For a "small" and light bag, it has a lot of room. I like how the bottom compartment maintains its shape (it is hard plastic). I put my shins and both pair of shoes in the bottom. The side pockets are larger than expected (hats on one side, plastic box for sun screen/polish/bug spray on the other). Upper compartment is roomy (mask, travel case for belt/line up card holder/ball bags plus uniform unders). I haven't flown with this bag yet, but I'm sure I could manage to get my CP/pants/shirts in the left over space. However, I could always use my tested Samsonite for flying.

The "last year's" version of this bag had small mesh compartments in the side areas and on the top flap. I wish they would have kept those features.
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUmp View Post
I too, don't find narrow back compartments at the back and front too practical, but I do use the back one for ball bags.
In the main top compartment I keep (left to right):
- Shin guards (on their side against the back "Wall")
- A tupperware container holing extra misc stuff like, extra indicators, brushes, line up holders, joints, pencils, etc.
- a plastic bag with shoe stuff (polish, brushes, washcloths, water spray bottle.
-Plate shoes (in a Diamond Mask Bag)
-Base SHoes (in a Honigs Mask Bag)
on top of that, I have my main cup, chest protector, belts and mask.
I also keep my caps folded and have room for them.

I usually carry a separate garment bag for my pants, McDavids, shirts and jacket.
In the under compartment, I keep extra socks, sliders, cups and there is pleant of room for other things.
I never could figure out how to use those folding things that are supposed to keep pants and shirts neat and pressed.

bigger front (outside) compartment I keep sunscreen, celebrex, a timer, extra shoe laces, and misc. pens and pencils.
When I am dressing, I also put my keys in there. If I trust the location, the watch, wallet and cell phones also go in that compartment.

Last edited by HugoTafurst; Tue May 14, 2013 at 02:40pm.
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 02:51pm
Call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Slick View Post
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, try this.

For a "small" and light bag, it has a lot of room. I like how the bottom compartment maintains its shape (it is hard plastic). I put my shins and both pair of shoes in the bottom. The side pockets are larger than expected (hats on one side, plastic box for sun screen/polish/bug spray on the other). Upper compartment is roomy (mask, travel case for belt/line up card holder/ball bags plus uniform unders). I haven't flown with this bag yet, but I'm sure I could manage to get my CP/pants/shirts in the left over space. However, I could always use my tested Samsonite for flying.

The "last year's" version of this bag had small mesh compartments in the side areas and on the top flap. I wish they would have kept those features.
I have used this bag for 2 years works well for gear but do not put my uniforms in it as they would not fit to my liking but have seen some other do it.
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTafurst View Post
- A tupperware container holing extra misc stuff like, extra indicators, brushes, line up holders, joints, pencils, etc.
Where, exactly, are you working games the requires these????
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 05:33pm
Official Forum Member

I have worked plenty of games where those would have certainly made the game more entertaining.
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Just wondering if anyone was paying attention.
Old Wed May 15, 2013, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTafurst View Post
It's a field of dreams, man.
Old Wed May 15, 2013, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Smile Here

Quote:
In Northern Cal. We have lots of these in our area. :-)
Old Wed May 15, 2013, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Quote:
You have obviously never worked some of the leagues around here....