Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 10, 2012, 04:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
Gawd, you are the dreamer, Sander.
One rule set would be beautiful for us umpires and probably great for the coaches and players - but there are people involed - so we have politics., and that just won't sit with those folks.
Steve, I know, that I am a dreamer! I still love to hear the Beatles, dreaming and singing about a better world. And yes I know that people are involved, playing their politic-plays, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it. Does it?
Over here in the Neth.'s we're facing a growing problem concerning the number of umpire's available. The clubs form our federation, so they have a big vote in the way the federation is working. For years we, umpires -without a vote-, ask for more umpires and that the clubs should invest and educate new umpires. The clubs don't want that (it costs money and time), but complain that no umpires are assigned to their games... People and politics, bad combination

I still believe that every sport should have only one rule-set, it's the best for all -players, officials, coaches and spectators. Even knowing that I'm only shouting in the dessert

@ASABLUE,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASABLUE
AL has a DH and the NL does not.
Indeed we work with a DP, not the DH -following the ISF-rules. (NL = short for Netherlands)
Or were you referring to small-ball? In that case see above: one sport, one rule-set! I don't care about the amount of money involved, nor the influence the different leagues have or not have.

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?
Old Sun Jun 10, 2012, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alex View Post
Do they play basketball in Russia with another rule-set, compared to the NBA?...
Yes, they do.
Old Sun Jun 10, 2012, 07:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3afan View Post
by the way they do play basketball in Russia with a different rule set than the NBA
So the the NCAA & NFHS & AAU and probably every other roundball organization.
Old Mon Jun 11, 2012, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
You all lost track of the original comments about local and league rules and how vague, ambiguous and incomplete they usually are. Not that book rules are always specific, precise and complete, but at least they try to be.