The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 14, 2009, 07:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
So Miss vs Texas PU indicator

Did anyone notice that the PU in this game keeps his indicator in his left ball bag. After every pitch he takes it out, records what it was on the indicator, and then returns it to his ball bag. For the life of me I can't remember seeing any PU do this nor know why he would want to. Seems like a lot of wasted motion to me. Dave
Old Sun Jun 14, 2009, 07:49pm
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Did anyone notice that the PU in this game keeps his indicator in his left ball bag. After every pitch he takes it out, records what it was on the indicator, and then returns it to his ball bag. For the life of me I can't remember seeing any PU do this nor know why he would want to. Seems like a lot of wasted motion to me. Dave
Maybe ..., he was told to not touch the indicator with his right hand any more.
Maybe ..., he has a thing going on with his left hand that prevents keeping it in his left hand.
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

I keep my in there a lot, but not like that. He's probably like me and the thing is irritating to have in my hand. I definitely dont use it after 2-2, often even after 1-2. If you cant keep track up to and after full count.. well...get your head in the game. Ive often thought about going without it at all but it comes in handy enough for me to consider it essential -but not a every pitch item.

I also dont like to deal with very active plays with it in my hand. Its quick to retrieve and notched so I dont need to look at it to operate it so its no prob.

So thats where you will often find mine.. in my left ball bag, front pocket.
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 04:49am
Official Forum Member

Mine is in my ballbag as soon as my ballbag is in my gearbag, after the game.
During the game you'll find my indicator NOT in my left hand, I have it in the right hand. Which is ofcourse the wrong hand because the left hand is the right hand. But for me it is the right hand is right hand

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

You need something to do while the batter recloses both batting gloves, gets his sleeves off his shoulders, checks his cleats for dirt, spits in his palms, and then digs in.

Ahhhhhh this is nice

Softball in the Bible
"In the big-inning"

Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Mine is in my left hand for almost the minute I walk on the field, until the second the game ends - when it gets dropped in my pocket, not my ball bag.

I currently have four indicators right now - all of them metal, all of them 3-4-3s, three of them are Franklins, and one I just got from ASA when I ordered new pants/caps - which is the same exact thing as the Franklins, except for the Franklin engraving. Two of them are spares, they are literally falling apart at the seams. The two I am using are totally opposite - one almost spins right through the numbers, and my new one which has a nice, heavy CLICK to it - and still has the blue shrink wrap on it.

My hand is really too small for the four wheel indicators, besides, I don't really need the innings wheel anyways - I am very good at figuring/remembering what inning we are in - although occasionally a really quick game will 'get me behind' in my head...but I do not mind at all!