The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   ASA National Assignments (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/52793-asa-national-assignments.html)

Steve M Sun Apr 12, 2009 03:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadeintothem (Post 595465)
I feel you bro! Its politics baby, all politics! ;)

That kind of politics would be fine.
Here is Pa's district 4, nobody does nationals.

wadeintothem Sun Apr 12, 2009 04:46pm

Well then your UIC is not doing their job and is hurting the people in his area and should be relieved from his position for incompetence.

Steve M Sun Apr 12, 2009 05:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadeintothem (Post 595553)
Well then your UIC is not doing their job and is hurting the people in his area and should be relieved from his position for incompetence.

You're right - except the district uic thinks his job is just doing everything the district commissioner tells him. And since that's what the district commissioner also wants, nothing is likely to change.

wadeintothem Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:55pm

Wow, That sucks! You'd think someone at the upper levels would address that.

SRW Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp (Post 595307)
I'm heading to Salem, VA for the Men's D/E Slow Pitch National.

Gratz!

SRW Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve (Post 595314)
One I've been hoping for; probably my last big opportunity. Women's Major Fastpitch, Auburn, AL.

Gratz!

scottk_61 Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp (Post 595307)
I never said where I was going... :)

But now that you mention it... I'm heading to Salem, VA for the Men's D/E Slow Pitch National.

Ahh, what a National, of course at that level you get the more adavanced level of whining:D

I have worked the Men's D a couple of times and by the end of the tourney you are worn out but it is a great time.

Get in contact with your fellow umps and prepare for some good ball and some real fun

vcblue Mon Apr 13, 2009 04:35pm

Wow am I lucky for two reasons. (1) They first assigned me to 16/18 B National in Lancaster, CA and moved me up to 18A Western National in Aurora Co. Better ball 20 degrees cooler. You can't beat that!

IRISHMAFIA Mon Apr 13, 2009 05:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcblue (Post 595766)
Wow am I lucky for two reasons. (1) They first assigned me to 16/18 B National in Lancaster, CA and moved me up to 18A Western National in Aurora Co. Better ball 20 degrees cooler. You can't beat that!

Yeah, but now you may have to worry about finding a pair of grey shorts!:rolleyes: ;) :D

vcblue Mon Apr 13, 2009 05:53pm

During the June and July I joke that you can really tell that I am 1/4 Italian and 3/4 Irish. I point to my face, neck, and arms and say, "this is my Italian 1/4". Then I left up the leg to my pants and say, "this is part of my Irish 3/4".
So if they do wear shorts and you are working with me bring your sunglasses.
:)

CelticNHBlue Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve (Post 595421)
I look forward to it. Have worked with Glenn several times over the years, and know he is one of your chief supporters; you have also, I believe, worked with several of my top people in the past (Rob Lannom and Jeff Schneider).

Yes, Glenn has known me for as long as I can remember and has been one of the reasons I have been as fortunate as I have by providing opportunities to work with and learn from some of best locally and nationally in both ASA and NCAA. Also, you have a great memory to bring up both Rob and Jeff. I met Rob at the 10 Man and the three of us worked together the following year at the 9 Man. If it is even possible, we may have had too much fun in Lakeland. Both were/are great umpires and anyone involved in grooming them should be very proud. Their performance also says alot about those mentors.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Apr 14, 2009 03:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticNHBlue (Post 595949)
Also, you have a great memory to bring up both Rob and Jeff. I met Rob at the 10 Man and the three of us worked together the following year at the 9 Man. If it is even possible, we may have had too much fun in Lakeland. Both were/are great umpires and anyone involved in grooming them should be very proud. Their performance also says alot about those mentors.

Modified in Lakeland?

scottk_61 Tue Apr 14, 2009 06:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 595982)
Modified in Lakeland?

Yeah, there was a National there, actually it was Auburndale but the Umps stayed in Lakeland.
I had the priveledge of driving them around as well as having a good time.
That tourney was delayed (I forget why) and many of us who were local dropped so that the traveling guys could get to work the tourney instead of us host guys

AtlUmpSteve Tue Apr 14, 2009 09:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottk_61 (Post 595996)
Yeah, there was a National there, actually it was Auburndale but the Umps stayed in Lakeland.
I had the priveledge of driving them around as well as having a good time.
That tourney was delayed (I forget why) and many of us who were local dropped so that the traveling guys could get to work the tourney instead of us host guys

Y'all had one of those hurricane things you are fond of having!!

Would the "too much fun" refer to the car damage from Starsky Lannom trying to leap across a rental car like he wasn't 300+ lbs? At. least, that's how they told it later!!

Rachel Tue Apr 14, 2009 09:35pm

I get to go to the 16 A's in Sioux Falls,SD. From what I understand they are opening a band new 8 field complex. I have done this tournament before and they will take good care of us. Sioux Falls has figured out the economic impact of 130 teams, their parents and the college coaches. Good Times Good Times.