The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

Does a parachute come with the ball bag?

So I'm calling some SP games with this new guy. He's played in some of the higher leagues in the area, but he wanted to try on a new uniform. Can't say I blame him, because I think it helps to develop a newer appreciate for the game as well as the profession.

He's been doing well with most of his judgment calls, but there's one thing I can't help but be amused at. Every time a pitch hits the ground instead of the glove, he bails. And I don't mean just a little... I mean arms up, turns his back, almost as though someone's throwing at his head. One pitch bounced off the ground, hit him in the knee, and you could have sworn he'd been hit with a fastball.

I've been meaning to talk to him either before, during or after games, but I just never get the chance. I've never seen anything like it.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.