The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Fed and those uniforms...

We (well, at least I) occasionally gripe about the obsession Fed seems to have with style. At least in softball we don't have to put up with this nonsense (from a "clarifying" statement on legal football jerseys on a state high school association web site - the state will go unnamed, but most of you know the state I live in... wait, I mean the state of my residence )...

Quote:
To summarize, the new rule requires away jersey’s [sic] to be white. The body of the jersey, including the shoulders, must be white. This is the same as last year’s change. The new rule allows for additional striping than what was previously described. Shoulder or sleeve numbers are allowed; sleeve stripes are allowed; a name on the front of the jersey is allowed, and an insert from the waist to the armpit is allowed. In addition the following jersey styles are also allowed: UCLA or USC shoulder stripes; NY Jets sleeve; Denver Broncos style jersey; and others to [sic] numerous to mention.

The dark jerseys are less restricted. The biggest concern with the dark jerseys is that they cannot have too much white. ...