The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

New Rule Books to study

I work fastpitch in Maryland and have done so for many years. ASA ball has been non-existent in this area. The dominant travel ball tournament association has been NSA. The group that runs the NSA program (A great group of folks) has had a falling out with the National office and will be switching from NSA to USSSA starting next season. This is not only affecting Maryland, but Delaware and Pennsylvania as well. I am also told that ASA fastpitch is coming to life in this area. The association that I work for doing high school ball will be handling the assigning for the ASA tournaments.
What I'm looking for are publications that list the major rule differences. Does anyone know of a publication or two that would help with the rule differences between these associations? I would be grateful if someone could help here.
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSABlue
I work fastpitch in Maryland and have done so for many years. ASA ball has been non-existent in this area. The dominant travel ball tournament association has been NSA. The group that runs the NSA program (A great group of folks) has had a falling out with the National office and will be switching from NSA to USSSA starting next season. This is not only affecting Maryland, but Delaware and Pennsylvania as well. I am also told that ASA fastpitch is coming to life in this area. The association that I work for doing high school ball will be handling the assigning for the ASA tournaments.
What I'm looking for are publications that list the major rule differences. Does anyone know of a publication or two that would help with the rule differences between these associations? I would be grateful if someone could help here.
The ASA website has a listing of rules differences between NCAA, NFHS and ASA. So does John Bennett: Send check for $7 payable to John Bennett to:
John Bennett
6263 Via Ribazo
Anaheim, CA 92807

To get the USSSA differences, you can go to www.usssa.com and read their rulebook online.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.