The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Cursed Game: 3 Injuries, 2 ambulance calls, 1 game

At the Grapettes A showcase in Stockton last weekend, had a pretty unusual game.

I wasnt working or even watching the game completely, but I was checking back and forth because of all the activity as it was an off game for me.

1- Early in the game a foul to the mouth of a girl standing in the dugout doorway. I heard she lost a few teeth but no confirm on that.. Result was ambulance call #1.

2- Play at 2nd with a high foot slide- injured F4 or F6, no ambulance though - but removed from the game. This is the only play I saw myself. Of note, the coach the day before had told me that he was teaching his girls to go in hard on every slide, hook slides etc were out.

3- I think - batted ball to the head of F6, not sure exactly - but girl out and ambulance #2 - game called at this point.

Tough stuff for a showcase fall ball tourney. Was 18U but many groups there.
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

A game can be call just b/c a few injuries
Old Sun Oct 15, 2006, 08:24pm
Official Forum Member

I think it was called 15 mins early.. was a timed showcase.. nothing real.. everyone was just standing around waiting on the 2nd ambulance anyway.. the girl was down on the field. I'm not sure how much time they actually spent playing in that game, but it wasnt much...
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 04:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
1- Early in the game a foul to the mouth of a girl standing in the dugout doorway. I heard she lost a few teeth but no confirm on that.. Result was ambulance call #1.
Wish I had a video of that to show the girls on my DD's team. Might keep them from absent-mindedly standing around the opening of dugouts that don't have gates.

Hope they are all OK. We had a game like that this fall, three girls injured but not as bad as that. Hate to see it.
part-time coach,
here to learn.