Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon Jun 05, 2006, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
I don't know any of the principals involed here, but there is a huge difference between swapping yarns in the umpire tent and posting names attached to those yarns on a public internet discussion board.
Not really,
The tent is an open foum just as this is, I have yet to work a tournament anywhere where there wasn't a notable "guest" contingtent. Some people I knew and some I didn't.

I actually laughed when I read the orignal comment about Diane, because I can hear her now, "that's right!"

I had a lot of fun with her at one tournament, a national championship no less, where she did her I am an SEC umpire thing and the UIC said, "This isn't the SEC and you are no better than (pointed to another umpire who had only ever worked one National and no college before), if you want to work this tournament then wear our uniform. We had a great time and Diane worked the championship game with the rest of the 4 ump crew.

Me thinks you doth protest too much.