The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 17, 2006, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Should I have tossed him??????

Coach of the team in the field is upset because F4 dropped a perfect throw from F2 on a stolen base attempt. Walks to a bucket of balls just inside the dugout and kicks the holy hell out of them, scattering them all over the place, including a couple that rolled into the field of play.

Time was called when this happened, so it did not interfere with any live action, but I was just wondering if that is grounds for an ejection since it was in response to his girls play and not a call of mine.

This guy should be pulled from his position because of things like this (he coaches a 14U team), but thats beside the point. Do you have an ejection, a warning, or just a chuckle because of how immature this guy was acting.
Old Mon Apr 17, 2006, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

I would think you have a few other things to do than worry about a temper tantrum thrown by a coach in the dugout that is not directed toward you, your partner or the other team.
Old Mon Apr 17, 2006, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

The question in essence, is not about the tantrum, but what happened as a result of the tantrum. Balls on the field of play, even though action is dead.
Old Mon Apr 17, 2006, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

I wouldn't toss him for that. I don't think I'd even warn him or say a word about it.

Depending on the level of ball, however, I might mention it in my game report. You are probably right that this sort of behavior needs to be addressed... but probably not by the men in blue.
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

I wouldn't toss him either but if he was my kid's coach I'd be looking elsewhere for my kid to play softball