The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 24, 2019, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

SMALL umpires - chest protector that fits you?

The world gets smaller, but we all get bigger it seems. In the world of buying umpiring gear, this isn't too much of a problem.

I have a young, slim, new umpire under my wings who needs a chest protector that fits. We've got her in a second-hand catcher's protector that works, but the hard shoulder cups are too wide and she looks like Robocop when she works the plate.

Anyone on here wear an adult Small shirt size and have a chest protector that fits correctly?
Old Wed Apr 24, 2019, 08:08am
Official Forum Member

I recently saw a guy working a college baseball game wearing a CP that was the slimmest I've ever seen. I approached him afterwards and asked: it was a Pro Nine, it was pretty slim and small, and he had removed the shoulder caps. It comes in three sizes (12" the smallest) and is only ~$50 here: https://baseball.epicsports.com/prod...rotectors.html

The copy says good for "all levels of professional minor league baseball and college baseball and fastpitch."
Old Wed Apr 24, 2019, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
I have been advised by a very experienced female umpire to be sure it is designed for female protection
Old Wed Apr 24, 2019, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
I have been advised by a very experienced female umpire to be sure it is designed for female protection
I've never seen an umpire chest protector marketed as such, and the catcher's protectors I've seen that are designated for female fastpitch often have had less padding in the important areas! I'll keep searching and see how far down the rabbit hole I can get. Let's just say I've already irreparably polluted my search history looking for other items for her!