The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 30, 2017, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLguy View Post
Funny that I stopped in to check this place. Back when I was UIC in central NY, I was involved in a protest in men's fast pitch on this very topic. Umpire making the call called it a foul ball and a runner was put out. The offended team's manager was a big wig with the telephone company and he set up a 3 way conference call with Tommy Mason, then head of ASA umpires. That was interesting unto itself. The on field decision was corrected.
That is screwed up one way or the other since you cannot put a runner out on a foul ball (unless on a possible INT call).

I'm surprised you found Tom at home