The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 23, 2016, 10:43pm
High Five Master

At any point a coach says something about "lost a page in the rule book" etc, it's a restriction at very least. If he's a real vocal jerk about it, send him packing.

I've tried to use "coach, I've made the call and we have discussed it. I'm done talking about it, let's move on". If he chooses to belabor his point, take action.
Old Sat Sep 24, 2016, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef View Post
I've tried to use "coach, I've made the call and we have discussed it. I'm done talking about it, let's move on". If he chooses to belabor his point, take action.
This right here is where I struggle the most. I am usually sure which action is most appropriate. I think I am going to try to talk less, listen as much as I already do, and eject more.
Old Sat Sep 24, 2016, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
This right here is where I struggle the most. I am usually sure which action is most appropriate. I think I am going to try to talk less, listen as much as I already do, and eject more.
If you are talking, you aren't listening. Always listen to what they coach/player has to say. You never know, they may be right
Old Sun Sep 25, 2016, 07:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef View Post
At any point a coach says something about ~snip~ .......
I really don't want to believe much is THAT absolute. A loud f-bomb, sure. A loud (and for the fans' benefit) disrespecting comment, sure.

But I believe we shouldn't look for magic words or issues; treat each situation as a new and unique situation, and deal with that one situation that one time. I believe if you keep that perspective, you will rule correctly more often than looking for a) yes, that phrase is an ejection, vs. b) no, that phrase is acceptable, and NOT an ejection.
Old Sun Sep 25, 2016, 08:41pm
High Five Master

I'm only talking about loud and disrespectful comments that are heard by others and meant as a way to show me up. Not looking for problems at all but not looking the other way when a statement is made like in the OP.

I rarely have trouble but am in no way shy about dealing with it when it does happen. But, to each their own.