The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 10, 2004, 08:31pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
I have eight (8) patches I don't need as I am living in Indiana now. If anyone is interested let me know. I think the IHSA sells them for $1.00 each. I will mail them to you for 50 cents each plus shipping.

I also have two UMPS patches that I will throw in if you are an UMPS member. Obviously throwing in these patches doesn't mean much as we get them for free anyway. However, let me know if you are an UMPS memeber so I can send them along as well.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

[Edited by w_sohl on Aug 10th, 2004 at 09:38 PM]
Old Wed Aug 11, 2004, 12:06pm

Talking

Bill,

We'll miss you. You are a good umpire.
I suggest that you destroy the IHSA patches (they seem to replace them every few years anyway!).

Do the same with the UMPS patch, we don't want them falling into the wrong hands (i.e. Rut).

I saw a guy wearing the old yellow one the other day. I asked him after the game how someone gets that patch and he said that it was given to him this year by his asociation. Too bad that we phased those out seven years ago! He wanted to hide when I told him that I am very aware of UMPS protocol.
Old Wed Aug 11, 2004, 03:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Can you make one post without my name?

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Do the same with the UMPS patch, we don't want them falling into the wrong hands (i.e. Rut).

You are so right. I dream of one day receiving an UMPS patch so I can use it to light my firewood for the winter.

Peace
Old Wed Aug 11, 2004, 04:38pm

Who are you kidding? We don't let you play with matches.

I had several people email me about the basketball board. You just showed a whole other group that you stepped up to the plate and forgot your bat.
Old Thu Aug 12, 2004, 02:45pm

The Microscope

R.I.T/Rut.,
Again youÂ’ve shown the world that if they want baseball information related to Illinois they can trust they need only look for my name.

The 2005 IHSA Officials Handbook came out this week and was accompanied by a letter from the Executive in charge of officials. Dave Gannaway informed us that we will now be able to view our percentile as compiled by coaches and certified officials. I believe I stated this change on July 14, 2004 and you told this board that it was only being discussed. Apparently my contact knew a little more than our beloved R.I.T.. This item must not have been covered at your many meetings with high-profile officials.

You might want to take note: Dave is very aware of this site and what is being said about UMPS, IACAO and the IHSA. I canÂ’t be identified but since you use your name, I would think twice about besmirching my organization or using the name of another IHSA registered official that you supposed was me. Big Brother is indeed watching.
Old Thu Aug 12, 2004, 04:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wow!!!

Just so you know.

I was at the committee meeting when this very issue was discussed. The other committees had not met yet to vote on the proposals from the Official's Advisory Committee, who made the proposal in the first place. There was a former Official's Advisory Committee Member that helps come up with the proposal to do this, at the meeting I attended. We talked about the rating system and the possible changes that could come up. At that time the committees would not have made that official yet.

Not sure what your point is?

And BTW, I know Dave Gannaway and have talked to him a several times over the years. He is coming to my football organization to speak at our banquet. I watched my work a football game the year I received my first playoff. Then he had a conversation with a clinician about me and that game. So if you say all of that to have someone worried, it will not be me. I think you have more to worry then just about anyone here.

Peace
Old Thu Aug 12, 2004, 04:41pm

What???

Now you are lying...stupid or both!

This matter passed three weeks ago. The mailing went out last week and had to have a lead time for printing, stuffing and labeling. Yet, you said that I didn't know what I was talking about. Then it came to pass.

Just like the "overrule" rule in the Big Ten this Fall, I said something was on the way and you laughed. Now, we are all laughing.

BTW

I watched my work a football game the year I received my first playoff.

You'd better stop that, you'll hurt yourself.
Old Thu Aug 12, 2004, 05:17pm
In Memoriam

Quote:

Old Thu Aug 12, 2004, 05:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: What???

Quote:

This matter passed three weeks ago. The mailing went out last week and had to have a lead time for printing, stuffing and labeling. Yet, you said that I didn't know what I was talking about. Then it came to pass.
A month ago from today is July 12, 2004. That was on Monday. On July 10, 2004 was the day of the IHSA Official's Association Delegates Meeting. At that time, it had not passed. It could not have been passed at that time, because the other committees had not met yet to vote on the Official's Advisory Committee proposals. I will see if you can do the math and figure out how many weeks that was?

Quote:
Just like the "overrule" rule in the Big Ten this Fall, I said something was on the way and you laughed. Now, we are all laughing.
Laugh all you like. I saw two people that will actually be the officials in the booth during Big Ten games. All you have referenced is a paper and a magazine. I sat in the Clinic when they discussed the change and how it would be used. If you do not believe that, ask them on the football board. There are others that were at the CFO Clinic as well. It was not like they were talking to me, they talked to a room full of officials. And even go to Mcgriffs (I was sitting next to D2 during the presentation) and ask there, there were some more people that were in attendance at the CFO Clinic when Dave Parry was speaking about what the NCAA is doing and how the Big Ten will use instant replay. But doing all of that would show integrity. Then bring your behind back here and admit that you were wrong. But then again, we know that will never happen.

Peace
Old Fri Aug 13, 2004, 11:00am

Lightbulb Clueless in Wheaton

R.I.T.,

The delegates did not have a voice in this decision. Talk to Jay Lyons, Bob Rowatt or anyone who actually sat on the officials advisory committee. The matter was discussed at the Officials Conference and (read carefully), Dave Gannaway told me that it would be announced in the next mailing or online. The Advisory Committee had already met and rendered the decision, they needed Marty and Dave to sign off. Again, you are clueless.

Now, here's your quote:
Laugh all you like. Go to Mcgriffs and ask how the Big Ten will use instant replay. But doing all of that would show integrity. Then bring your behind back here and admit that you were wrong. But then again, we know that will never happen.

What am I wrong about? Implimenting the instant replay system in the Big Ten this Fall? Go back to my original post and you will see that I spelled out VERY CLEARLY what plays would be reviewable and what would not. You then rant about other plays that may be just as controversial but aren't covered. Who cares? The system is in place, I did not create it and you keep looking like a fool every time you claim I am wrong about it. Go back and copy my exact words and post them here...if I am wrong, I will apologize. Yeah, I didn't think you'd do it...it's so much easier to just twist my words. Nice try, though!
Old Fri Aug 13, 2004, 07:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Clueless in Wheaton

Quote:
R.I.T.,

The delegates did not have a voice in this decision.
No really. You are kidding. You mean when we were told about the proposal, associations did not have a vote? Come on, you must be lying.

Talk to Jay Lyons, Bob Rowatt or anyone who actually sat on the officials advisory committee. The matter was discussed at the Officials Conference and (read carefully), Dave Gannaway told me that it would be announced in the next mailing or online. The Advisory Committee had already met and rendered the decision, they needed Marty and Dave to sign off. Again, you are clueless.

You are right; we did not get the proposal in writing. But then again, that was more than a month ago. You said the change was 3 weeks ago. Sounds to me like there was a meeting right after the IHSA Convention.

What am I wrong about? Implimenting the instant replay system in the Big Ten this Fall? Go back to my original post and you will see that I spelled out VERY CLEARLY what plays would be reviewable and what would not.

Who said they did not have instant replay? But that was not what this discussion was about. You suggested that an official on the field could overrule one of their partners. The Big Ten system has nothing to do with what you suggested could happen on the baseball field. So what if they have a system, it cannot be done by fellow officials on the field. And the plays are not going to affect penalties or any other judgment call that is made on the field. Unless there is some evidence, there is not going to be any changes in any calls. Again, what does that have to do with what we were talking about?

You then rant about other plays that may be just as controversial but aren't covered. Who cares? The system is in place, I did not create it and you keep looking like a fool every time you claim I am wrong about it.

What does this have to do with a pulled foot call at first base? What does this have to do with an out call at second base? What does the Big Ten system of instant replay or the out of bounds play in the NCAA Tournament have to do with changing a call in a baseball game? You talk about go back and read something, you have interjected these things that have nothing to do with the original conversation. The mention of other sports was only to suggest that no one condones that under the rules. You have yet to show me a rule or justification on the field for your point of view. All you keep doing is filler busting the main issue. I just want to know why you think you can tell your partner what he call he got wrong and change that call without his consent or his input?

Go back and copy my exact words and post them here...if I am wrong, I will apologize. Yeah, I didn't think you'd do it...it's so much easier to just twist my words. Nice try, though!

I am not twisting you words at all. What does the Big Ten Football and NCAA game have to do with the issue I just mentioned? If you can tell me, I will let it go. I just want to know how you can change your partner's call and justify it. That is all. Not asking for much.

Peace
Old Fri Aug 13, 2004, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to akalsey Send a message via Yahoo to akalsey
Is there any way to get a filter installed that when Windy and Rut are the primary posters in a thread, it disappears? The thread is never on-topic at that point anyway.

It's getting old, you two.
Old Sat Aug 14, 2004, 04:08am
In Memoriam

Re: Clueless in Wheaton

Quote:
R.I.T.,

Old Sat Aug 14, 2004, 11:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking Were you at IACAO today?

"By the way, football referees, I do not work in your sport, nor do I pretend to know the intricacies of officiating it."

This coming from a one sport official who hardly anyone respects in his one sport. But you come here and constantly try to tell me I am in training.

Off Your Trolly

Peace
Old Sun Aug 15, 2004, 07:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Illinois

I just wish that there was an Illinois-only
board,and that they would go there and stay.
Why don't Rut and Windy swap e-mail addresses,
and argue back and forth that way????
I must honestly say that this back-and-forth crap
is getting tiresome,at best.