Thread: IHSA Patches
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 13, 2004, 07:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Clueless in Wheaton

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
R.I.T.,

The delegates did not have a voice in this decision.
No really. You are kidding. You mean when we were told about the proposal, associations did not have a vote? Come on, you must be lying.

Talk to Jay Lyons, Bob Rowatt or anyone who actually sat on the officials advisory committee. The matter was discussed at the Officials Conference and (read carefully), Dave Gannaway told me that it would be announced in the next mailing or online. The Advisory Committee had already met and rendered the decision, they needed Marty and Dave to sign off. Again, you are clueless.

You are right; we did not get the proposal in writing. But then again, that was more than a month ago. You said the change was 3 weeks ago. Sounds to me like there was a meeting right after the IHSA Convention.

What am I wrong about? Implimenting the instant replay system in the Big Ten this Fall? Go back to my original post and you will see that I spelled out VERY CLEARLY what plays would be reviewable and what would not.

Who said they did not have instant replay? But that was not what this discussion was about. You suggested that an official on the field could overrule one of their partners. The Big Ten system has nothing to do with what you suggested could happen on the baseball field. So what if they have a system, it cannot be done by fellow officials on the field. And the plays are not going to affect penalties or any other judgment call that is made on the field. Unless there is some evidence, there is not going to be any changes in any calls. Again, what does that have to do with what we were talking about?

You then rant about other plays that may be just as controversial but aren't covered. Who cares? The system is in place, I did not create it and you keep looking like a fool every time you claim I am wrong about it.

What does this have to do with a pulled foot call at first base? What does this have to do with an out call at second base? What does the Big Ten system of instant replay or the out of bounds play in the NCAA Tournament have to do with changing a call in a baseball game? You talk about go back and read something, you have interjected these things that have nothing to do with the original conversation. The mention of other sports was only to suggest that no one condones that under the rules. You have yet to show me a rule or justification on the field for your point of view. All you keep doing is filler busting the main issue. I just want to know why you think you can tell your partner what he call he got wrong and change that call without his consent or his input?

Go back and copy my exact words and post them here...if I am wrong, I will apologize. Yeah, I didn't think you'd do it...it's so much easier to just twist my words. Nice try, though!

I am not twisting you words at all. What does the Big Ten Football and NCAA game have to do with the issue I just mentioned? If you can tell me, I will let it go. I just want to know how you can change your partner's call and justify it. That is all. Not asking for much.

Peace