The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

Can't find my damn whistle, Coach gets ejected

Hi btw, I read but don't post much.

I am normally a U but due to an injury I was subbing in for a wing. I use a finger whistle with a second on my neck for snap infractions that I drop out of my mouth at the snap. After half time I forgot to put my finger whistle on. First play was a sweep to my side, I let the play go by and the RB was pushed OOB I went to whistle the play dead when my hand got to my mouth there was no whistle there. The RB was a good 3 feet OOB now on a turf field. He gets taken out by a LB before I can find the damn whistle hanging around my neck as its swaying back and forth. So now I stop trying to grab it and grab my flag which I luckily can find, toss it in the air and then finally get my whistle and kill the clock.

We all know that the whistle doesn't kill the play but this Def coach who's sideline I was on went ballistic that the whistle never blew so his player should not be penalized a late him oob. The R who was following the play flagged the coach for UNS. During the announcement the coach walks over to me and says that the Ref and I are the biggest pieices of #$%@ he has ever seen because we don't know that in football you play to the whistle. As I was getting my flag he turns back and says F#$# off. UNS 2 and away he goes.

All this because I had a snickers for halftime

Last edited by Terror; Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 05:57pm.
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Have you tried Baby Ruth? Thery have their own nuts.
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 08:11pm
Chain of Fools

All's well that ends well.

I assume you have to file some sort of ejection report. In NC he would be sitting out two more games plus probably a call from the state office and an online sportsmanship course. If he's a volunteer coach he's probably burnt toast.
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 08:15pm
Official Forum Member

Last game of the season so I don't know what the carry over policy will be. Paper work was quick and easy, their AD was on the field and had quite a shocked expression and just stared at the coach as he walked out of the stadium.
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 08:42pm
Archaic Power Monger

Sounds like you took care of business, not that the coach left you with any choice.

Glad to have you posting here!
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

The whistle is merely an aid and its absence does not excuse a late hit in bounds or out of bounds. Good job!
Old Wed Nov 13, 2013, 12:35am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror View Post
Hi btw, I read but don't post much.

I am normally a U but due to an injury I was subbing in for a wing. I use a finger whistle with a second on my neck for snap infractions that I drop out of my mouth at the snap. After half time I forgot to put my finger whistle on. First play was a sweep to my side, I let the play go by and the RB was pushed OOB I went to whistle the play dead when my hand got to my mouth there was no whistle there. The RB was a good 3 feet OOB now on a turf field. He gets taken out by a LB before I can find the damn whistle hanging around my neck as its swaying back and forth. So now I stop trying to grab it and grab my flag which I luckily can find, toss it in the air and then finally get my whistle and kill the clock.

We all know that the whistle doesn't kill the play but this Def coach who's sideline I was on went ballistic that the whistle never blew so his player should not be penalized a late him oob. The R who was following the play flagged the coach for UNS. During the announcement the coach walks over to me and says that the Ref and I are the biggest pieices of #$%@ he has ever seen because we don't know that in football you play to the whistle. As I was getting my flag he turns back and says F#$# off. UNS 2 and away he goes.

All this because I had a snickers for halftime
Did you think about flagging the coach when the WH did?

When he called you a POS, why didn't you eject him?

When he told you the FO, you could have ejected him there too.
Old Wed Nov 13, 2013, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Did you think about flagging the coach when the WH did?

When he called you a POS, why didn't you eject him?

When he told you the FO, you could have ejected him there too.
I didn't think of flagging him when the white hat did because he was back by the white hat following the play. I did flag him for the POS, while pulling out my flag for that he followed up with the FO before I was even done. I am not sure what was said to draw the first UNS flag just know he was pissed.
Old Wed Nov 13, 2013, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

It's great that we have these sports so the coaches can teach the players good sportsmanship.
Old Thu Nov 14, 2013, 10:03am
M.A.S.H.

Nice job on all three calls. He made two of them really easy.