View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

Can't find my damn whistle, Coach gets ejected

Hi btw, I read but don't post much.

I am normally a U but due to an injury I was subbing in for a wing. I use a finger whistle with a second on my neck for snap infractions that I drop out of my mouth at the snap. After half time I forgot to put my finger whistle on. First play was a sweep to my side, I let the play go by and the RB was pushed OOB I went to whistle the play dead when my hand got to my mouth there was no whistle there. The RB was a good 3 feet OOB now on a turf field. He gets taken out by a LB before I can find the damn whistle hanging around my neck as its swaying back and forth. So now I stop trying to grab it and grab my flag which I luckily can find, toss it in the air and then finally get my whistle and kill the clock.

We all know that the whistle doesn't kill the play but this Def coach who's sideline I was on went ballistic that the whistle never blew so his player should not be penalized a late him oob. The R who was following the play flagged the coach for UNS. During the announcement the coach walks over to me and says that the Ref and I are the biggest pieices of #$%@ he has ever seen because we don't know that in football you play to the whistle. As I was getting my flag he turns back and says F#$# off. UNS 2 and away he goes.

All this because I had a snickers for halftime

Last edited by Terror; Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 05:57pm.