The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 17, 2013, 09:51pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob M. View Post
REPLY: If you want to end your officiating career and really go out in a blaze of YouTube glory, just blow the ready-for-play with A on the field ready to go and B on the sideline. Warn them, give them a DOG, give them a second DOG. But don't EVER blow the RFP without B on the field ready to go.
Happened here a few years ago. Wasn't pretty.
Old Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTX View Post
Our line judge does not come out until the home team is out. He is up there and ensures that they come out onto the field.
While that is the mechanic we also use, what do you do if the coach simply does not bring his team out of the locker room? An official can only tell the coach to get on the field, not physically bring them on the field. It's happened here where the team is told repeatedly that they need to be on the field and they are still late, so having an official there is not the always going to prevent the problem.
Old Fri Oct 18, 2013, 01:27pm
Official & ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRef View Post
While that is the mechanic we also use, what do you do if the coach simply does not bring his team out of the locker room? An official can only tell the coach to get on the field, not physically bring them on the field. It's happened here where the team is told repeatedly that they need to be on the field and they are still late, so having an official there is not the always going to prevent the problem.
When his team's penalized 15 yards, the coach won't have any valid reason to bitch about it.
Old Sat Oct 19, 2013, 03:32pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRef View Post
They must be ready to play 2 minutes after being notified by the referee.
Old Sun Oct 20, 2013, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
It's not clear to me that any of 3-6 applies until the game has begun. I think it's up to league rules as to whether there'd be any sanction or not, or what kind, but I think it's outside officials' jurisdiction under the playing rules, although there might be something in the officials' manual on it. The rules say when the officials' jurisdiction ends, though not when it begins, so I take it that the game, and any results of the game, begins when it begins.
South Carolina mechanics give us jurisdiction from the time we walk on the field. 30 minutes prior to kickoff for Varsity games. I also believe (don't have the mech manual handy) that Fed rules give us jurisdiction from the time we enter the field.
Old Sun Oct 20, 2013, 01:58pm
Chain of Fools

Abundantly clear

1-1-ART. 7 . . . The game officials shall assume authority for the contest, including penalizing unsportsmanlike acts, 30 minutes prior to the scheduled game time or as soon thereafter as they are able to be present.