Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You keep acting like that this is solely my decision or choice. And you act like it matters to me or the others what college officials do. I am a college official and I do not make HS decisions based on everything we do in college. A lot of things in college do not apply as you have different number of officials and a different path. When I am on my college crew I go along with what they do and I also control little or nothing as to when or if we measure on the college crew either. Also your assertion clearly is not true when a D1 officials made a big deal when he worked with a crew on an "off weekend" and the crew chief said in the pre game, "We are not going to measure today." So obviously everything people claim is done at college levels are clearly not always done. And it seems like everyone is focused on the fact I said 4-5 like that is automatic. I said it was not unusual to have that many but just like any thing else we could have games where 1 measurement is the total. We measure when it is close and we do not guess unlike others. If that makes us a bad crew so be it, I just know it has not hurt us in any way and life goes on.

Peace
I would never advocate never measuring either. That was a stupid comment and someone should challenge the crew chief. Your original statement was that it was "every game" but later backed off a little. Nobody is saying to guess when it's close. They are saying the wings can often spot the ball to make it obvious. We can have discussions and share differences without them getting turned into defensive debates.
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 09:40am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
I would never advocate never measuring either. That was a stupid comment and someone should challenge the crew chief. Your original statement was that it was "every game" but later backed off a little. Nobody is saying to guess when it's close. They are saying the wings can often spot the ball to make it obvious. We can have discussions and share differences without them getting turned into defensive debates.
And your position has been noted. Not going to change anything I or we do. If you want to never measure be my guest. You will not see me getting upset or telling you do to otherwise. Now what did you want to accomplish by this conversation? Did you want to lecture me as to why I should be like you? As I said before I have two very good reasons why what we do works for us.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 04:49pm
In Time Out

Quote:
You're entitled to Jeff's opinion, it doesn't matter how often it changes.............
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:07pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
You're entitled to Jeff's opinion, it doesn't matter how often it changes.............
I hate to say this, but I've been giggling at your sig every time I've seen it. Great movie, at least parts of it. The word used in the movie, however, is "could", not "can."
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And your position has been noted. Not going to change anything I or we do. If you want to never measure be my guest. You will not see me getting upset or telling you do to otherwise. Now what did you want to accomplish by this conversation? Did you want to lecture me as to why I should be like you? As I said before I have two very good reasons why what we do works for us.

Peace
I'm sorry if I'm not being clear Jeff. I'm not saying never measure and I'm not saying you have to change. All I'm asking is for you to acknowledge your crew's philosophy appears to be different than every other official on this forum. Maybe that makes you better than every crew. That's not for me or anyone to judge. I've asked you several times to acknowledge this but you keep going after right/wrong. I'm not going to bother you with it again.
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 06:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I'm sorry if I'm not being clear Jeff. I'm not saying never measure and I'm not saying you have to change. All I'm asking is for you to acknowledge your crew's philosophy appears to be different than every other official on this forum. Maybe that makes you better than every crew. That's not for me or anyone to judge. I've asked you several times to acknowledge this but you keep going after right/wrong. I'm not going to bother you with it again.
Why do people on these boards, feel the need to have everyone see things through their prism?

Why do I need to acknowledge anything other than what my crew does? That is all I care about honestly. I do not spend my time in any officiating capacity worrying about what others do. I do what I feel is best and that is the make up of my crew. We had 3 state clinicians at home point in football that went along and advocated this philosophy. I did not make it up because I was not in charge. We did what worked for us and we were happy. Just like when State Final time came we all wore shoes that did not have all-black on them. It worked for use and no one care, so why would I care what some guy watching TV felt about our choice in shoes?

I think the worst thing people do in officiating is obsess over what other so in their careers.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why do people on these boards, feel the need to have everyone see things through their prism?

Why do I need to acknowledge anything other than what my crew does? That is all I care about honestly. I do not spend my time in any officiating capacity worrying about what others do. I do what I feel is best and that is the make up of my crew. We had 3 state clinicians at home point in football that went along and advocated this philosophy. I did not make it up because I was not in charge. We did what worked for us and we were happy. Just like when State Final time came we all wore shoes that did not have all-black on them. It worked for use and no one care, so why would I care what some guy watching TV felt about our choice in shoes?

I think the worst thing people do in officiating is obsess over what other so in their careers.

Peace
Never mind. I guess I'm not being clear in my question. I don't care what you do in your career. That is your perception. I feel if I asked you what color flag you use I would get an explanation of your philosophy on holding. You wouldn't be wrong but you wouldn't be answering my question.
Old Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:17am
Archaic Power Monger

OK this thread has nothing to do with the original topic anymore. Time for it to take the last train to Clarksville and I'll meet you at the station.
Old Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:01pm
Get away from me, Steve.

The thread is closed. Thanks.
Closed Thread