The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Though the teams travel big distances here, the officiating crews are assigned to a region, though a pool's location is rather regional. We are travelling 140 miles this weekend, which is about as long of trip for our pool.
Old Sun Nov 13, 2011, 02:16am
Official Forum Member

no mileage paid in San Diego for reg season or playoffs. Big county in terms of square mles but we try to carpool allthough our crew all lives in different suburbs....
Old Tue Nov 15, 2011, 03:19pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
In Texas, we could be sent anywhere, including another state. Several years ago, the Austin chapter worked a game between 2 West Texas schools in New Mexico! That site was closer than any comparable site in Texas.

Our chapter, in North Texas, will work 3-4 games a year during the regular season on the Gulf Coast. San Antonio and Houston are fairly routine, Amarillo/Lubbock happens every so often, and Corpus Christi isn't out of the question. Heck, I've been in courtrooms in every corner of Texas, roughly half the basketball gyms in the eastern half of the state, so a football game 500 miles away wouldn't be anything new for me.
Then you should know that especially in Region I in all classifications both teams travel far and wide to play, even in the first round. There are often times this even happens in the first round.

Usually in the second round it isn't strange to see a team from the El Paso area play a team from around the DFW area.

Basketball is even like this sometimes since they always have predetermined sites for the region final. One year four teams from the very immediate DFW area had to travel all the way to Midland to play each other in Region I. All schools were probably no more than 20 miles from each other.

Even district contests in west Texas require long drives in all sports.

That has happened before where two teams meet in New Mexico. It was probably the place to go to get good facilities. I'm almost quite certain there have been some playoffs games in Oklahoma.
Old Mon Nov 28, 2011, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

For State Championships this weekend
5A
Las Cruces Mayfield vs Rio Rancho Cleveland distance 240 Miles
4A
Roswell Goddard vs Aztec distance 376 Miles
3A
Santa Fe St Micheals vs Lovington distance 286 miles