The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 19, 2002, 11:22pm
Official Forum Member

HSWH - Not sure where you are coming from but neither of my posts had anything bad to say. Just clearing up that I do not know Derock nor am I defending any of his comments. I am here to learn from other football officials by sharing information. If my generic post about being professional bothers you, then I am sorry. I think that is one of the biggest attributes an official should portray. If you cannot be professional off the field, how are you going to be professional on the field. Especially on this board with your peers. Respect must be earned, it's a privilege not a right.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 06:49am
Official Forum Member

Mr. Shocker,

I can see youre a person who can say what he wants but can't take it coming back. So maybe you might just want to find a new field of work. As far as being a professional goes I must be doing something right ,because I have never received a bad rating in all my years of officiating. Maybe you should get down of that high horse your riding. You came in here bashing officials for not being professional, do you even know the meaning of that word? Maybe you should know whats going on before you make your comments next time. Im sure you get told this all the time.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

HSWH... Talk about a HIGH HORSE!!!!

You've got such a big head, how did you get through the door into this site? And who is it that's bashing officials????

Maybe you should look in the mirror. You sound like one of those officials who is so important that you're going to make sure the teams on the field know you're the one running the game! You're going to decide, with your flags, who will win the game. I'd rather officiate with someone a little more humble... like shocker or maybe even Derock!
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

I have never received a bad rating in all my years of officiating

I sure have - but we're not allowed to know who gave you what, just the league they're from. We're rated on a 1 - 5 system, 1 being the best. It's not unusual to hear a (unhappy) coach scream, "You're all getting 5's!!!".

I have found that if you are inside, your chances for a bad rating diminish considerably. A lot of Sectional final crews are 4 umpires and a referee. Deserved or not, the wings and BJ (Mr. Pass Interference) take the brunt of the coaches ire.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

HSWH - I can take anything thrown my way. Not sure what you say I have not been able to take. I do know that you made a comment towards me that I am some buddy with Derock. Don't know him at all and all I said was that you made an incorrect assumption. You got all worked up from that. If you want to get worked up because someone tells you that you were wrong, hey so be it. I am not worked up nor will I be from anything you have to say towards me.

As far as calling officials unprofessional, I didn't name any names. I do believe there were some unprofessional posts but it's not my place to name names. I am allowed an opinion and I gave it without naming anyone. You can bash me all I want, doesn't bother me. Just let's people see who you are. Go back and read all my posts because you must have taken something personal and I have no idea what it was unless you feel your posts were unprofessional. I am not going to keep going back and forth with you. My main purpose in replying to you was to say I do not know Derock and I think I have said that.

Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Like I said Eariler Shocker,

you couldn't get on a field with that attitude
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

OZ,
show me one post in here that would make you think I run a game when I officiate? PLEASE show me
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

You have taken one comment of mine and blown it out of proportion. Then you keep attempting to make my reply's to you something that they are not. Anyone reading my posts can see that I was not worked up nor was I attacking you in any way. How do you feel I was attacking you? My attitide is great and I have no problem getting games. I have people calling me all the time asking if I have any dates open. This is not because I can't get along with people, I can get along with anyone.

If you can show me in any of my posts that I was rude or attacked ANYONE personally then I will offer an apology to them.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Your login name is (Highschool) white hat - I thought you were an R. My mistake.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

i am
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

...that would make you think I run a game when I officiate

The R runs the game, no?
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

You know guys , it was a lot more fun when we were kicking Derock around . Unless we can get back to that , lets please move on 8^)
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James Neil
You know guys , it was a lot more fun when we were kicking Derock around . Unless we can get back to that , lets please move on 8^)
I don't understand what I said to get everybody all unglued anyway. My posts are my own views and opinions supported by my own knowledge and experience as an official. I think, as officials, we all get some kind of sickening enjoyment about being in debates or controversy.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Derock:

Have you had a chance to think about it and remember where it was that you had the weekend football tournament??? Or have you still been unable to remember where it was?
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

My posts are my own views and opinions supported by my own knowledge and experience

I think that's where our problems begin.
Closed Thread