The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 18, 2009, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Brandon Kincer
Where can I get a copy of the sample certfication test?

either that or you guys can test my knowledge by asking questions and me answering them.
Old Mon May 18, 2009, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

I'd suggest getting Reddings Study Guide to NFHS Football Rules. It has quizzes at the end of every chapter.
Old Mon May 18, 2009, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

The test is 100 questions true or false. Not sure where you can find a sample.

I just started officiating high school and youth games a couple years ago Brandon. My advice is to join a local officials association, read the rule book along with corresponding case book topics, then read it again. Your local official association probably has some kind of program for new officials, and can get you set up to work some scrimmages. Along with the rulebook here are some links with tons of valuable information from powerpoint presentations to word documents. I think you'll find some good info here. Good Luck. Work Hard.

AOS - Athletic Officials Service

EaifoMechanics

Football Files
Old Tue May 19, 2009, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Brandon Kincer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHat Ref View Post
The test is 100 questions true or false. Not sure where you can find a sample.

I just started officiating high school and youth games a couple years ago Brandon. My advice is to join a local officials association, read the rule book along with corresponding case book topics, then read it again. Your local official association probably has some kind of program for new officials, and can get you set up to work some scrimmages. Along with the rulebook here are some links with tons of valuable information from powerpoint presentations to word documents. I think you'll find some good info here. Good Luck. Work Hard.

AOS - Athletic Officials Service

EaifoMechanics

Football Files
This is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks!
Old Sat May 23, 2009, 12:59am
Official Forum Member

You will not likely find someone who will send you a copy of the licensing exams. A local association got in trouble a couple years ago by posting a copy for their memebers. The test is copywritten by the NFHS and you can't distribute it without their approval.

A good way to test yourself is to use the Case Book and read the situations. Try to figure out the ruling before reading it.
Old Sat May 23, 2009, 06:49am
Chain of Fools

If you will go talk to some of your local certified officials, they probably save their old tests for study purposes. I've got mine back to the late 90's I believe. I'm sure someone there does too. You should be able to find someone who would let you photocopy some of them. As mentioned previously, Reddings NFHS guide has quizzes after each chapter.

Also if you visit refstripes.com board or the NFHS board, I'm certain there are some VHSL officials in your area on there as I've had postings and PM's from them. There is even talk of a clinic being held in that area in spring 2010. Those are the folks you need to be tracking down and speaking with.