The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Copy of the Test

Can someone email me a copy of the NFHS test? I do not want the answers, just the actual questions. Thanks in advance. My email is [email protected].
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 11:30pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Dude.
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 11:51pm
9 times

Why is wrong to ask for the QUESTIONS?!? I know the can of worms opened by asking for the answers, but I can't see why anyone would object to wanting the questions.

You can go to NFHS | National Federation of State High School Associations and click on the test link in the upper right. That is how we are taking the test in my neck of the woods this year.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 11:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Dude.
Someone sent another forum member the test 2 days ago. I do not want the answers. I just don't have the test.
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 12:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
Why is wrong to ask for the QUESTIONS?!? I know the can of worms opened by asking for the answers, but I can't see why anyone would object to wanting the questions.

You can go to NFHS | National Federation of State High School Associations and click on the test link in the upper right. That is how we are taking the test in my neck of the woods this year.
I can't find the test link. Where exactly is it?
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 12:02am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

It is not wrong to ask for questions. And in some cases it is not wrong to ask for answers. Actually I think most people are too anal about this. I would send the test if I had a scan of it. I just do not have the energy to go through all of that.

This is such an overplayed issue, because not everyone takes test for the same reason. If you work in some states they do not use the NF test at all. I have a friend that moved to another state, and he had to take a state run test.

Oh well.

Peace
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I don't think the Snaqmaster was getting uptight about it. This is not the first request this year for the questions. And I know some of those requests have been met. :shrug:
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Check your private messages
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why is wrong to ask for the QUESTIONS?!?
It's not ALWAYS wrong to ask for the questions, but it SOMETIMES is. In some states, the test is proctored and givne on a certain day. If you know the questions in advance, it gives you an advantage over other officials also taking the test. It's not that hard to memorize 100 T-F answers.

Since no one knows (for certain) why someone might ask for the test, some choose not to provide it to anyone until well after the last test date.
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 09:09am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

I would refer you to Bob's reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs8207 View Post
Someone sent another forum member the test 2 days ago. I do not want the answers. I just don't have the test.
I took you at your word; however, see Bob's reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
It's not ALWAYS wrong to ask for the questions, but it SOMETIMES is. In some states, the test is proctored and givne on a certain day. If you know the questions in advance, it gives you an advantage over other officials also taking the test. It's not that hard to memorize 100 T-F answers.

Since no one knows (for certain) why someone might ask for the test, some choose not to provide it to anyone until well after the last test date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
I don't think the Snaqmaster was getting uptight about it. This is not the first request this year for the questions. And I know some of those requests have been met. :shrug:
My thoughts were closer to Bob's on this, but you're not far off, either.

Or, maybe I'm just channeling my inner Jurassic.
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Here's another reason why I think it is wrong to give either the questions or the answers. As an example, in Georgia, Scoring statistics are kept for each association and are used to rate and judge the knowledge level of the association's officials. Well, what does it mean if 1 association who gets a hold of the answers scores high and another assocation that doesnt get the answers scores lower? At least the lower scoring association did it on their own. Knowing the questions ahead of time also gives an advantage in scoring since you can limit your studying to the questions only. Less to recall. Personally, I never got the test ahead of time in NY or NC. Did in GA and OK. In NY, there were 50 questions and if you got 7 or more wrong you wouldn't even be considered for varsity. Standards were lower in NC, GA and OK.
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinMan View Post
Here's another reason why I think it is wrong to give either the questions or the answers. As an example, in Georgia, Scoring statistics are kept for each association and are used to rate and judge the knowledge level of the association's officials. Well, what does it mean if 1 association who gets a hold of the answers scores high and another assocation that doesnt get the answers scores lower? At least the lower scoring association did it on their own. Knowing the questions ahead of time also gives an advantage in scoring since you can limit your studying to the questions only. Less to recall. Personally, I never got the test ahead of time in NY or NC. Did in GA and OK. In NY, there were 50 questions and if you got 7 or more wrong you wouldn't even be considered for varsity. Standards were lower in NC, GA and OK.
Out of curiosity, were these scores for the part I test of part I test created by NFHS?

-Josh
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

I my area, those taking the class are given a(not always The) previous years parts I+II as a review and to see how the questions are worded.
Since classes are still going on, I'd be reluctant to fwd on last years Q's since only a newbie student would ask for them- any experienced official can always ask their assignor or tester for a copy...
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Test part I

I don't get all the hullabaloo.... IT'S OPEN BOOK!!!

All the answers are at your finger tips!

And if you don't learn a thing, it will be obvious on the court, which means Monday nite rec ball.
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 04:32pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Not every state administers it open book.