The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

I think that a possible reason people think the game was poorly officiated was because there were so many penalties and it caused the game to slow down immensely. However, all of their penalty calls were completely justified.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post
caint wait to hear all of the excuses for your boys.
... nor are you a game official or an intelligent student of the game. When your ignorance is on such display, you should remain silent and attempt to learn something by listening and reading related material.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:06pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
He's talking about the passer not the holder. The penalty he's talking about came before the holder penalty.

Not him, the poster up the thread. I was actually agreeing with the poster I quoted.

I wouldn't have called that RTP in a high school game.

Those holds were all there and were all relevant. Two offensive lines that were (in places) completely overmatched.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:08pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
What excuses? They called a great game. Yes, Arizona shouldn't have had to use a challenge on the Warner arm coming forward, but they got an extra challenge by rule there. The RTP call was weak, IMO. But all those holds were there and there were a few more that probably could've been called. I've never seen so many hook-and-turns in a game in my entire life.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
What's excuses would they need? They called a good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Not him, the poster up the thread. I was actually agreeing with the poster I quoted.

Those holds were all there and were all relevant. Two offensive lines that were (in places) completely overmatched.
My fault, Rich.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
What's excuses would they need? They called a good game.

My fault, Rich.
Nah, mine. I was quoting one guy and actually responding to another. I can see how that was confusing.

Time for bed. Good Super Bowl, although I went the entire game without having a single beer, which breaks some kind of streak, I'm sure.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:19pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
As usual, the NFL referees are terrible in the Super Bowl.
I think you're letting your bias against football officials cloud your judgment. As a fellow official, I think it is pretty sad you are not even willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

How would you feel if we started slamming basketball officials in the basketball forum the way you do football officials?

There's a reason we come across as defensive with you, and that's because we put up with enough bull sh#% from ignorant fans and coaches, we don't need to put up with it from fellow officials!

Your tirades are tired. Why don't you pick up a flag and whistle if you think you can do so much better than every other football official you've seen work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawump View Post
With that said: I thought, as a neutral observer, that the officiating crew did an outstanding job tonight. You had two teams that did not play with any discipline and were "chippy". I thought the crew did a very good job, in what, I have to believe, was a difficult came to officiate.
I agree with you, they stayed on top of a chippy game and did a good job overall. I don't necessarily agree with some of the calls but I had the luxury of sitting in my easy chair.

The umpire caught some good holds by the line, especially a couple of take downs by offensive linemen that were beat.

Quote:
Just my, "I'm a baseball umpire," opinion.
Ah bull, you're a respected official. Thanks for chiming in.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:28pm
Official Forum Member

you guys are a joke, you cant ever just admit that the officiating was one sided (for the 1st 3 quarters) and it effected the outcome of the game.

Obviously the NFL game is too hard to officiate 100% correct, Oh well its fun trying to convince you to at least consider this one was more than slightly lopsided. Just like the last steelers game vs Seahawks.

Mcually is a flag happy, and did not give Arizona the benefit of the doubt all night. I wish Mike Carey would have done the game tonight, Or even #85.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:29pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
you guys are a joke, you cant ever just admit that the officiating was one sided (for the 1st 3 quarters) and it effected the outcome of the game.

Obviously the NFL game is too hard to officiate 100% correct, Oh well its fun trying to convince you to at least consider this one was more than slightly lopsided. Just like the last steelers game vs Seahawks.

Mcually is a flag happy, and did not give Arizona the benefit of the doubt all night. I wish Mike Carey would have done the game tonight, Or even #85.
TROLL ALERT!
TROLL ALERT!
TROLL ALERT!
TROLL ALERT!

Go away fanboy. PISS OFF!
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:41pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
TROLL ALERT!
TROLL ALERT!
TROLL ALERT!
TROLL ALERT!

Go away fanboy. PISS OFF!
Channeling Jurassic I see.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:44pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Actually, I thought the *line play* was the worst I've ever seen at the NFL level -- the number of hook-and-turns and simple takedowns were more than I've ever seen in a game. You just don't let that go cause you "don't want to throw a lot of flags."

OK, I'm done playing with the troll.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

When I first saw the RTP I thought it was a poor call as well. On the second replay what I noticed was a defender who wasn't full speed and could have easily held up. Instead, he continued his movement and extended his arms to hit Ben after the ball was thrown. I assumed that's why McAuley threw the flag. At worst this was a close call that maybe should have gone the other way. To call it an absolutely horrible call shows someone's ignorance.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

I wish Mike Carey would have done the game tonight, Or even #85.

That wouldn't have changed a thing. The fouls would have still been there and they would have flagged them. It is obvious that you know nothing about football or officiating.

In an ealier post you made mention that the referees in the Super Bowl were terrible. That is not even close to accurate. Referees is singular as there is only one.

Now go away, your ignorance is showing!
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

I thought the crew did a fine job. They had several close calls that looked fine to me.

I have no idea how anyone could say the holder was barely touched. And I think it was one of the announcers these trolls love to trust who said the holds did effect the plays they occurred on.

Next up for the fanboys: bashing the Final Four and NBA Finals refs. I can't wait.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

No im not a tree hockey fan!!