View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:19pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
As usual, the NFL referees are terrible in the Super Bowl.
I think you're letting your bias against football officials cloud your judgment. As a fellow official, I think it is pretty sad you are not even willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

How would you feel if we started slamming basketball officials in the basketball forum the way you do football officials?

There's a reason we come across as defensive with you, and that's because we put up with enough bull sh#% from ignorant fans and coaches, we don't need to put up with it from fellow officials!

Your tirades are tired. Why don't you pick up a flag and whistle if you think you can do so much better than every other football official you've seen work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawump View Post
With that said: I thought, as a neutral observer, that the officiating crew did an outstanding job tonight. You had two teams that did not play with any discipline and were "chippy". I thought the crew did a very good job, in what, I have to believe, was a difficult came to officiate.
I agree with you, they stayed on top of a chippy game and did a good job overall. I don't necessarily agree with some of the calls but I had the luxury of sitting in my easy chair.

The umpire caught some good holds by the line, especially a couple of take downs by offensive linemen that were beat.

Quote:
Just my, "I'm a baseball umpire," opinion.
Ah bull, you're a respected official. Thanks for chiming in.