The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 16, 2007, 11:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

I have kind of a good reason for you. I think many baseball umpires are conditioned to not be challenged. When coaches come after them, they are ready to dump them. Football officials tend to be the most laid back officials around, basketball seems second and baseball umpires constantly have a stick up their azz. I do all three sports so that is my take.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

I used to scan the baseball forum because, though I don't work the sport, I have a passing interest in some of the topics over there. No more. Too many world class jerks (and for the record, I don't really think SDS is one of them; he just seems to be disliked by many of them!!).

Argument is one thing. I make my living by it. But name calling seems to be routine over there. Maybe instead of them thinking about dumping coaches, it should be the posters dumped so we can start all over. There are people on football and hoops that I routinely disagree with as well as a couple that seem to have a chip on their shoulder about something, but few if any I'd call world class jerks. Annoying at times for sure.
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref inSoCA
The truly burning question seems to be: Why are baseball umpires so childish?

Both here and McGriff's (RIP), all boards seem to be quite sedate and respectful except the baseball board.
No kidding. Maybe they need to rip people as revenge for the crap they take on the field. What I particularly "enjoy" is how much they like to belittle anyone who works a "lower" level than the one they work. College guys belittle high school guys like you can't believe and you don't even want to mention you may only work Little League. It's just pathetic. I wonder if any of them ever consider that maybe they catch most of the crap they do catch because their attitudes both on and off the field sucks.
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoselli
I like NE over SD in a squeaker - late. SD has been known to fumble after making interceptions, so that may play into the outcome. We'll see.

I see NO falling behind Philly, but making a comeback and winning. I think McAllister will have a big day.

Chicago / Seattle should be close, maybe OT. I think the Bears will pull it out. Grossman should do OK, especially late.

This may sound odd, but I like Indy over Baltimore, but I see them just kicking FG's - no TDs. I see Baltimore's offense just going belly up. Too bad for Baltimore - that defense is such a self-effacing, classy group. You can never get them to talk about how good they are.
REPLY: Wow...do you pick stocks and IPOs too?!?!
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

WOW...definitely have to check out your picks for this week!
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Hook, Line, and Sinker.