The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 13, 2006, 09:50am
Courageous When Prudent

Question NO/Pitt bad snap touchdown

I'm pretty sure in the NFL that if the QB receives the snap directly from under center that he cannot become an eligible receiver. Just out of curiosity, is there rule that states if the QB is directly under center that the ball cannot be snapped to someone else.

I.E: In the Saints/Steelers situation would it have been illegal if the center had intentionally snapped the ball through Brees' legs and directly to Macallister?
Old Mon Nov 13, 2006, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

I just loved Brees' comment about it being an accident. Then they showed the replay and showed him standing up like he had the ball looking toward the right like he was looking for a receiver while McAllister ran the ball to the left. You know Drew, if you are going to lie about what happened out there at least make it something believable. It seems they are trying to cover something up there.
Old Mon Nov 13, 2006, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
I'm pretty sure in the NFL that if the QB receives the snap directly from under center that he cannot become an eligible receiver. Just out of curiosity, is there rule that states if the QB is directly under center that the ball cannot be snapped to someone else.

I.E: In the Saints/Steelers situation would it have been illegal if the center had intentionally snapped the ball through Brees' legs and directly to Macallister?
I know there is a rule in the NFL that, if the QB is in position to receive a direct snap, that the snap must go directly to him and it would be illegal to snap it through his legs to another back. This play would be legal in NF.
Old Mon Nov 13, 2006, 03:25pm
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D
I know there is a rule in the NFL that, if the QB is in position to receive a direct snap, that the snap must go directly to him and it would be illegal to snap it through his legs to another back. This play would be legal in NF.
--And in flag football.