The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Some questions from the Part II test.

A friend and I disagree on some questions. Can you help. We tookt he test last night.

1. The goal line is the outer limit of each end zone.

2. The head coach's verification that his players are legally equipped includes a visible exterior label on the helmet regarding the risk of injury.

3. If R1 gives a fair catch signal after the kick has hit the ground the signal is illegal fair catch signa..

4. R1 may not fair catch a free kick int he neutral zone.

5. If an ineligible receiver catches, bats, or muffs a forward pass while he is in or beyond the NZ, it is a foul.

6. After a free kick strikes the ground beyond R's free kick line, the players of either team may push or pull opponents in an actual attempt to get at the ball.

7. All non-player fouls are enforced from the succeeding spot.

8. Nonplayer and unsportsmanlike fouls are not considered when determining if a period ends or must be extended.

9. If there is a double foul during the last timed down of a period, the period is automatically extended.

10. On kicks entering R's end zone, the determination of force dictates whether it is a touchback or a safety.

11. If A1 is in his own end zone and he intentionally grounds a forward pass it is a safety even if B declines the penalty.

12. If a free kick is repeated the clock starts on the ready for play signal if it had been started on the original kick.

13. During a down if time expires for a period and a signal is sounded the officials shall ignore the signal.

14. If a kick becomes dead in R's end zone it is always a safety or a touchback.

15. If receiver A1 controls the ball in B's end zone but prior to touching the ground inbounds, A1 brushes the upright, it is a touchdown.
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

A lot of these are direct quotes from the rule book (or if false they've been slightly changed).

Off the top of my head...

1. No- the end line is (rule 2 lines definition)
2. True (rule 1 somewhere- then somewhere in the back of the book they show the label)
3. No- definition for "illegal fair catch signal" is a signal by a runner (he has the ball) rule 2 fair catch
4. He can- see rule 6 and fair catch definition
5. Yes- illegal touching
6. Yes- I think you'll find this in Rule 2- blocking
7. True- in the Football Fundamentals
8. True- in Rule 3-3
9. True- right below the one in 8.
10. Kicks entering R's EZ are always touchbacks (force definition)
11. True- this is a casebook play. If declined, the result of the play leaves A in possession of the ball in their own EZ.
12. Clock always starts on free kick when touched- other than first touching by K- rule 3
13. True- in rule 3-3
14. This is a question where the answer key will say false but if you really read the question it's true. It's always a touchback- never a safety (as in 10 above)
15. False- when he touches the upright he's out of bounds- see definitions for catch and out of bounds
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

1. The goal line is the outer limit of each end zone. FALSE

2. The head coach's verification that his players are legally equipped includes a visible exterior label on the helmet regarding the risk of injury. TRUE

3. If R1 gives a fair catch signal after the kick has hit the ground the signal is illegal fair catch signal. FALSE

4. R1 may not fair catch a free kick in the neutral zone. FALSE

5. If an ineligible receiver catches, bats, or muffs a forward pass while he is in or beyond the NZ, it is a foul. TRUE

6. After a free kick strikes the ground beyond R's free kick line, the players of either team may push or pull opponents in an actual attempt to get at the ball. TRUE

7. All non-player fouls are enforced from the succeeding spot. TRUE

8. Nonplayer and unsportsmanlike fouls are not considered when determining if a period ends or must be extended. TRUE

9. If there is a double foul during the last timed down of a period, the period is automatically extended. TRUE

10. On kicks entering R's end zone, the determination of force dictates whether it is a touchback or a safety. FALSE

11. If A1 is in his own end zone and he intentionally grounds a forward pass it is a safety even if B declines the penalty. TRUE

12. If a free kick is repeated the clock starts on the ready for play signal if it had been started on the original kick. FALSE

13. During a down if time expires for a period and a signal is sounded the officials shall ignore the signal. TRUE

14. If a kick becomes dead in R's end zone it is always a safety or a touchback. FALSE

15. If receiver A1 controls the ball in B's end zone but prior to touching the ground inbounds, A1 brushes the upright, it is a touchdown. FALSE

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with both replys completely
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
4. R1 may not fair catch a free kick in the neutral zone. FALSE
Nevermind. I misread what you wrote.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 08:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
Lightbulb things that make you go hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini_Ref
A friend and I disagree on some questions. Can you help. We tookt he test last night.

1. The goal line is the outer limit of each end zone.

2. The head coach's verification that his players are legally equipped includes a visible exterior label on the helmet regarding the risk of injury.

3. If R1 gives a fair catch signal after the kick has hit the ground the signal is illegal fair catch signa..

4. R1 may not fair catch a free kick int he neutral zone.

5. If an ineligible receiver catches, bats, or muffs a forward pass while he is in or beyond the NZ, it is a foul.

6. After a free kick strikes the ground beyond R's free kick line, the players of either team may push or pull opponents in an actual attempt to get at the ball.

7. All non-player fouls are enforced from the succeeding spot.

8. Nonplayer and unsportsmanlike fouls are not considered when determining if a period ends or must be extended.

9. If there is a double foul during the last timed down of a period, the period is automatically extended.

10. On kicks entering R's end zone, the determination of force dictates whether it is a touchback or a safety.

11. If A1 is in his own end zone and he intentionally grounds a forward pass it is a safety even if B declines the penalty.

12. If a free kick is repeated the clock starts on the ready for play signal if it had been started on the original kick.

13. During a down if time expires for a period and a signal is sounded the officials shall ignore the signal.

14. If a kick becomes dead in R's end zone it is always a safety or a touchback.

15. If receiver A1 controls the ball in B's end zone but prior to touching the ground inbounds, A1 brushes the upright, it is a touchdown.
funny.....if this was the basketball board some of the same people who gave the answers would have been flaming anybody who gave the answer online for everyone to see. i guess it is the shape of the ball
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

The test date is passed, so I don't think it really matters if the questions and answers are shared does it? We were allowed to take the test with us when we left, so I assume the test date is the same nation-wide.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 01:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini_Ref
The test date is passed, so I don't think it really matters if the questions and answers are shared does it? We were allowed to take the test with us when we left, so I assume the test date is the same nation-wide.
This is still within the week of the test in Illinois. It is very likely not everyone took the test on Tuesday in Illinois. There are still people that would use these answers and get a leg up. So I would not be giving out the answers or giving out the questions before someone has taken the test. Unless you want to be considered cheating on this test, we should not be discussing any questions.

DISCLAIMER: I personally see no value in these tests as tools to promote people in our state. I think taking these tests do not show officiating ability in any way or even real rules knowledge. I just find it funny that there are certain people who will flame people if this question is asked before the test, but do not realize there are people that likely have not actually taken the test. I know last year I took the test later in the week because I was not available to take the test on the testing day.

Peace
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhistle
funny.....if this was the basketball board some of the same people who gave the answers would have been flaming anybody who gave the answer online for everyone to see. i guess it is the shape of the ball
Nope. Has nothing to do with the shape of the ball. The simple fact is the national test date was Tuesday. The test is now readily available, just about anywhere.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhistle
Funny thing is I actually gave the answers. I must've been in a good mood last night.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

It won't be given in my state until Sept. 6, and then again on Sept. 11.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ToGreySt
in our state, the test was handed out last night, won't be due till october

are most tests in other states administered at a specific time and place? all of our tests, both the rules tests and the mechanics tests are "open-book, take home" tests

Joe