The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 30, 2006, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Pa Has 7 For Playoffs

Here in PA most areas use 5 man for Varsity games. Pittsburgh suburbs are one area that I know of that uses 6 man for regular season games for larger schools "AAAA" games.

All around the state in the playoffs 7 man mechanics are used. Philadelphia has recently joined the PIAA so the past few years have seen even more competition. Before last year Philadlphia had its own playoffs and never competed with the rest of state. i think I heard they used to have all of their champions play New York City's champs. Not any more though.
Old Tue May 30, 2006, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuteater
Here in PA most areas use 5 man for Varsity games. Pittsburgh suburbs are one area that I know of that uses 6 man for regular season games for larger schools "AAAA" games.

All around the state in the playoffs 7 man mechanics are used. Philadelphia has recently joined the PIAA so the past few years have seen even more competition. Before last year Philadlphia had its own playoffs and never competed with the rest of state. i think I heard they used to have all of their champions play New York City's champs. Not any more though.
The Philadelphia Public league just became district 12, and is now part of the PIAA.
The Philadelphia Catholic league is still their own league with no PIAA affiliation. Give them time, they will see what they are missing. I never heard of their champion playing a team from NY.
Old Tue May 30, 2006, 03:29pm
tpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTX
We barely have enough officials to cover 5 man crews. There are nights where we use only a 4 man crew. On the very busy nights we also have to give some games away to other chapters.
Is some areas we have too many and in others we are short officials. Working to get more guys to travel a little bit. The 7 man crew stuff was for play-offs. So, as the games work down we have more then enough to cover that...