Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 03, 2015, 07:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy341a View Post
What size nubalance? I have some zigs I'd trade. My flat feet don't get along with my new zigs.

Try them with orthotics. I have feet that are terribly flat. I have one pair of orthotics custom fit for my Zigs and have no issues.
Old Wed Mar 04, 2015, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Anyone tried Asics GT-1000 (1, 2 or 3) yet? comments? I'm thinking about getting a pair of the version 2 and would love to hear some experience. Saw Lauren Holtkamp and Joe Crawford wore them though...

Old Wed Mar 04, 2015, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

Luis:
I have a pair of ascics gt 1000 that I used during this scholastic season and the 2014 summer recreational league. I liked the look in that they are all black with a small amount of shiny accents on that ascics "swoosh'' on side panel of shoe--this give an understated yet stylish look to them. Plus they are light and also slightly elevated on the soles which may make you appear to be taller--I'm 6ft 2in..so I become 6ft 3 in those shoes. Only downside of the shoe was that the clothe area on the inside upper area of the shoe is thin and wears out creating a hole there. Invariably when you are running and changing directions while reffing, you will scruff your shoe either against each other or on floor. I eventually wore out a small hole on the clothe area where my bunion was on my right big toe. Fortunately, I wear black athletic sox so you can't tell the hole was there. For this spring ball I may get another pair upgraded slightly. Some of my partners where the zig, but that sole man--sorta looks robot-ish--and that patent leather (read: "pleather") draws a lot of attention to the refs shoes--which either may or may not be intended.
Old Wed Mar 04, 2015, 10:09pm
AremRed

I never knew I wanted a 2706 x 3684 picture of Lauren Holtkamp until right now.
Old Thu Mar 05, 2015, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
hahaha~~ me too bud
Old Thu Mar 05, 2015, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
Luis:
I have a pair of ascics gt 1000 that I used during this scholastic season and the 2014 summer recreational league. I liked the look in that they are all black with a small amount of shiny accents on that ascics "swoosh'' on side panel of shoe--this give an understated yet stylish look to them. Plus they are light and also slightly elevated on the soles which may make you appear to be taller--I'm 6ft 2in..so I become 6ft 3 in those shoes. Only downside of the shoe was that the clothe area on the inside upper area of the shoe is thin and wears out creating a hole there. Invariably when you are running and changing directions while reffing, you will scruff your shoe either against each other or on floor. I eventually wore out a small hole on the clothe area where my bunion was on my right big toe. Fortunately, I wear black athletic sox so you can't tell the hole was there. For this spring ball I may get another pair upgraded slightly. Some of my partners where the zig, but that sole man--sorta looks robot-ish--and that patent leather (read: "pleather") draws a lot of attention to the refs shoes--which either may or may not be intended.
Thanks for the tips - very helpful. Mesh shoes always have a problem of being rubbed and scratched easily... but good to hear that it's a pair of very light and comfy ones.
Old Thu Mar 05, 2015, 07:15am
Esteemed Forum Member

Right Next To My Poster Of Carl Yastrzemski ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Print up a poster, and hang it up in your recreation room, or garage.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Mar 05, 2015, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Just got these Reebok Zjet's last weekend and used them last night. On sale for $79.99 at Finish Line right now.

I bought a pair and used them last night, I really liked them, even better than my Zigs.
Old Fri Mar 06, 2015, 12:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverfalls57 View Post
I bought a pair and used them last night, I really liked them, even better than my Zigs.
They're a different feel than the Zigs, but I like them. They look good too.

Do any of you guys put the slits in the bottoms of your pant legs like the two NBA officials pictured above? I have a huge pet peeve with my pant legs catching on the back of my shoes and it seems that would help, but I don't see many guys that I work with that do it.
Old Fri Mar 06, 2015, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Do any of you guys put the slits in the bottoms of your pant legs like the two NBA officials pictured above? I have a huge pet peeve with my pant legs catching on the back of my shoes and it seems that would help, but I don't see many guys that I work with that do it.
I have it done to my pants when I get them hemmed, I don't think I get charged extra for having it done.
Old Fri Mar 06, 2015, 04:00pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:

I've had it done, but the seamstress who did it has closed down shop. Need to find someone else to do it now.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2015, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

I was all set to buy a pair of Air Max, now that I'm sick and tired of my patent leather Zigs. These z Jets are sweet, though. And, cheaper than the AirMax.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2015, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Do any of you guys put the slits in the bottoms of your pant legs like the two NBA officials pictured above?
I'm a high school official and I have them, FWIW. A college official on my board recommended it.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2015, 03:59pm
Esteemed Participant

So the Zjet and the GT-1000 show up as running shoes...how do they do for traction on the court???
Old Mon Mar 09, 2015, 06:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
So the Zjet and the GT-1000 show up as running shoes...how do they do for traction on the court???
No problems.

The Nike Air Max shoes are all "running" shoes too and everyone wears them.
Closed Thread