The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Kentucky-Florida 4 second call?? (Video)

Anyone else catch the four second count on the inbounds at 18:28 in the first half? One camera angle shows the official bouncing the ball and beginning his count, and you can see his arm clearly count to four before he whistles it dead.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Also 6:50 left in the second half, travel? Maybe they missed it due to the transition?
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 11:07pm
Official Forum Member

Pat Adams just came from a thousand feet away and whistled a travel under the basket with 52 seconds left saying it was prior to the foul the other two officials were calling. Replay shows he was wrong and that the FL player had begun a dribble.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Pat Adams just came from a thousand feet away and whistled a travel under the basket with 52 seconds left saying it was prior to the foul the other two officials were calling. Replay shows he was wrong and that the FL player had begun a dribble.
Yeah saw that one too. I think they struggled a bit tonight. Bilas was his ridiculous self again tonight too...
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 11:21pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Someone please post this one so we can judge for ourselves.

Bilas was really ridiculous when he screamed flop earlier and even worse when he argued for a foul against an empty had. Call him and idiot would be an insult to idiots.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 11:38pm
Get away from me, Steve.

The distance away means nothing to me. The other two were focused on contact. I only care if the player actually traveled or not.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

That sure looked like a correct travel call on the SportsCenter replay. Florida player shuffles his feet while holding the ball before the contact occurs.

Bilas is an a**hole, he always will be, and his opinion is not valued by anyone that has the first clue about officiating.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 12:08am
Official Forum Member

Cool

I absolutely hate each and everyone one of y'all for possibly (probably) subjecting me to listen to Bilas bitch.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
That sure looked like a correct travel call on the SportsCenter replay. Florida player shuffles his feet while holding the ball before the contact occurs.

Bilas is an a**hole, he always will be, and his opinion is not valued by anyone that has the first clue about officiating.
"Shuffle" isn't specific foot movement and isn't helpful when determining traveling or not. Please state what foot movement you saw.

I agree that Bilas was sanctimonious and unduly negative. His disdain for what I believed was a fully correct PC against Kentucky with about 2 minutes left was absurd.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 12:43am
AremRed

Quote:
Replay shows you are wrong. Pat was at Trail -- primary on all post traveling.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 12:52am
AremRed

Some of you may be able to browse to the plays (18:28 first half and 6:50, 1:54, and 0:52 second half) here: ESPN3 -- Kentucky vs. Florida
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 12:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Replay shows you are wrong. Pat was at Trail -- primary on all post traveling.
I fully understand that he was the Trail. (Hence my choice to write that he came from 1,000 FT away.). Doesn't magically make his call correct. He can't see the ball on the other side of the player's body.

Furthermore, I haven't been taught that the Trail watches for traveling by post players on the C's side. He can certainly help, but he isn't primary.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 01:04am
AremRed

Quote:
Doesn't magically make his call correct.
Doesn't magically make his call incorrect either.

Quote:
Furthermore, I haven't been taught that the Trail watches for traveling by post players on the C's side. He can certainly help, but he isn't primary.
Outside the paint on C side? Not Trail's primary. Good thing this was in the paint. Pat had a wide open look at the players feet and he made a great CC.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 01:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Outside the paint on C side? Not Trail's primary. Good thing this was in the paint. Pat had a wide open look at the players feet and he made a great CC.
Clearly we disagree on the correctness of the decision and also the primary calling official.

Let's talk a little 3-person theory. What is the strong side? Which officials are on that side? Why does the Trail look for post travels?
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I agree that Bilas was sanctimonious and unduly negative. His disdain for what I believed was a fully correct PC against Kentucky with about 2 minutes left was absurd.
Bilas is always unbearable when commenting on officiating.

That said, I felt that this PC was questionable. Defender and clear LGP, but he REALLY sold the contact.