The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 09:31pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Kentucky vs. Louisville (Video)

A couple no-calls (push at 16:06 and hit on the arm at 12:46) have caused Calipari to go into a tizzy. He has been warned.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,226
Clear stepping out of bounds violation missed by the Lead around 10:24 of first half.
I'm going to blame the silly design of the floor marking. Never understood the 2-inch line inside of the thick and solid OOB area. Just paint the entire thing!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 09:43pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
I like how the officials passed on the contact at 11:05 and then the same exact contact on the other end at 10:57. Perhaps both were fouls, but treated consistently.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 09:44pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Clear stepping out of bounds violation missed by the Lead around 10:24 of first half.
I'm going to blame the silly design of the floor marking. Never understood the 2-inch line inside of the thick and solid OOB area. Just paint the entire thing!
I missed an OOB call very similar this season. Not sure the double marking has anything to do with it, I think the official just looked down late.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:04pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Harrell called for PC at 2:17, I thought he stayed under control and went to the (legal) defender but not through him.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:11pm
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,434
Send a message via AIM to Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Send a message via MSN to Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Send a message via Yahoo to Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Clear stepping out of bounds violation missed by the Lead around 10:24 of first half.
I'm going to blame the silly design of the floor marking. Never understood the 2-inch line inside of the thick and solid OOB area. Just paint the entire thing!

NevadaRef:

I agree with you about the silly design of the floor marking. I am finding it at all levels on new courts. That said, I do not know how he missed the call because he was looking down right at the player's feet. I would have thought he would have called a foul if he thought the player was pushed out of bounds.

My "Better Half" called out of bounds when she watched the play has it happened live (of course it helps to have a 46" HD screen on which to watch the game, ).

MTD, Sr.
__________________
Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Trumbull Co. (Warren, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Wood Co. (Bowling Green, Ohio) Bkb. Off. Assn.
Toledo, Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
NevadaRef:

I agree with you about the silly design of the floor marking. I am finding it at all levels on new courts. That said, I do not know how he missed the call because he was looking down right at the player's feet. I would have thought he would have called a foul if he thought the player was pushed out of bounds.

My "Better Half" called out of bounds when she watched the play has it happened live (of course it helps to have a 46" HD screen on which to watch the game, ).

MTD, Sr.
I believe that when the player's foot came down it completely covered the 2-inch line, but did not touch the fat painted area outside of that. If the official was solely focused on the foot in that small area and while looking in that small spot sees inbounds-colored court to the side of the foot, it would appear that the player was inbounds.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Harrell called for PC at 2:17, I thought he stayed under control and went to the (legal) defender but not through him.
He displaced the defender. That's all which is required by rule. PC was the proper call. Even Pitino said so in his halftime interview!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:35pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
He displaced the defender. That's all which is required by rule. PC was the proper call. Even Pitino said so in his halftime interview!
I don't think he displaced the defender, the "through" I mentioned. I thought the offensive player maintained control and stopped at contact, making the contact with the defender incidental.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I don't think he displaced the defender, the "through" I mentioned. I thought the offensive player maintained control and stopped at contact, making the contact with the defender incidental.
You are using screening principles to judge a guarding situation. Hence, you are reaching the wrong conclusion.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:39pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I don't think he displaced the defender, the "through" I mentioned. I thought the offensive player maintained control and stopped at contact, making the contact with the defender incidental.
Stopping at contact is only sufficient with a blind screen when the player with the ball is not involved. I haven't seen the play, but it's not the right way to judge whether there's a PC foul or not.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:40pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Same play at 13:07, this time no-called.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 3 hrs east of the western time zone
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
NevadaRef:

I agree with you about the silly design of the floor marking. I am finding it at all levels on new courts. That said, I do not know how he missed the call because he was looking down right at the player's feet. I would have thought he would have called a foul if he thought the player was pushed out of bounds.

My "Better Half" called out of bounds when she watched the play has it happened live (of course it helps to have a 46" HD screen on which to watch the game, ).

MTD, Sr.
I sure whatever adult beverage Mrs. MTD has had this evening also helped in her judgment
__________________
Go ugly early, avoid the rush !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:50pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 3 hrs east of the western time zone
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I like how the officials passed on the contact at 11:05 and then the same exact contact on the other end at 10:57. Perhaps both were fouls, but treated consistently.
+1

It reminded me of the thread earlier in the week about the plays in the Syr / Dayton game.
__________________
Go ugly early, avoid the rush !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 14,226
Incorrect whistle for GT (perhaps BI depending upon angle) against Kentucky at 8:00 of 2nd half.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kentucky/Ole Miss Video Request MOofficial Basketball 25 Fri Feb 01, 2013 08:50am
Kentucky-Louisville Switcharoo stiffler3492 Basketball 49 Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:18pm
Kentucky/Louisville WhistlesAndStripes Basketball 49 Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:55am
Kick Catch Interference in Kentucky/Louisville Game Fan10 Football 2 Mon Sep 01, 2008 06:49am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1