The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 27, 2015, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Delay of Game Tech

In NCAA rules, is a delay of game technical foul for touching the ball after it passes through the basket an Administrative Technical or a Class B Technical. There is language regarding delay of game technicals in each section of the rule book.

Also, if it is a Class B, if the HC has also been given a Class B for disrespecfully addressing an official, do both of those count towards the 3 Class B's required for the HC ejection?
here in about 3 seconds!"
-Tim Higgins
Old Tue Jan 27, 2015, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

I believe its the same as HS, it's a team T. Don't have a college rulebook to verify.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2015, 01:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I believe its the same as HS, it's a team T. Don't have a college rulebook to verify.
Then why respond? At all.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2015, 02:05pm

Player/Substitute Technical Foul (NCAA-W)

10-3-11

Art. 11. After a team warning has been issued, attempting to gain an advantage by interfering with the ball after a goal or by failing to immediately pass the ball to the nearest official after the whistle has blown.

PENALTY: (Arts. 1 through 12-, excluding 1.c) Two free throws awarded to the offended team for a single player/substitute technical foul and play is resumed at the point of interruption. For double player/substitute technical fouls that do not include 10-3.1.c, no free throws are awarded and play is resumed at the point of interruption. For double player/substitute technical fouls when only one of the fouls includes 10-3.1.c, the offenders are awarded two free throws and play is resumed at the point of interruption with a throw-in to the offended team for the contact dead ball technical foul. A player/substitute technical foul shall apply toward an individual's five personal fouls toward disqualification, two technical fouls toward ejection and the team-foul total.

(Art. 1.c) Two free throws awarded to the offended team for a single player/substitute technical foul and play is resumed at the point of interruption with a throw-in to the offended team.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2015, 02:10pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothieking View Post
In NCAA rules, is a delay of game technical foul for touching the ball after it passes through the basket an Administrative Technical or a Class B Technical. There is language regarding delay of game technicals in each section of the rule book.

Also, if it is a Class B, if the HC has also been given a Class B for disrespecfully addressing an official, do both of those count towards the 3 Class B's required for the HC ejection?
For NCAA-Men's:

HC's only get Class B technicals if bench personnel get a Class A, for failing to supply a sub following a disqualification, removing the scorebook, failure utilize proper bench area, illegally using electronic equipment, tobacco, and tending to an injured player w/o being beckoned, and does not count as a Team Foul.

If a coach gets penalized for disrespectfully addressing an official, that is a Class A technical and a Team Foul.

Delay of game is an Administrative technical and does not count as a Team Foul.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2015, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks, BNR
here in about 3 seconds!"
-Tim Higgins
Old Wed Jan 28, 2015, 05:42pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothieking View Post
Thanks, BNR
some of those I did not know were only Class B's, so I am glad you forced me to do some research.