Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 18, 2015, 06:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
i'm just reading a player technical rule. it says repeated violations of boundary plane = player technical. when i see that--that tells me i need to be aware which player violates the plane when it happens. because if he repeats it, their rule says player technical. it just so happens that the first time it is done it is considered a team warning for delay. there isnt any time limitation or back to back wording in the player technical area. (mockery etc)

again, im just reading the rule. if i saw an interp or case play i could infer nfhs intent etc differently. right now i see repeated violations by a player = T. let me know if there is an interp.thx
What everyone in this thread is telling you and what you also seem to have realized is that you don't understand the purpose and intent of that player technical rule.
The best advice is to stay away from enforcing rules that you don't understand.
Old Fri Jan 30, 2015, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968 View Post
So, how do you keep track of which player committed the first infraction, that at the time, was considered worthy of a "team warning"?
Officials that have worked games where I'm the scorer have always come over to the table and asked to have the warning recorded in the book. Which I simply write in the book the quarter, time, player and DOG. I know the player is not important, I just do it in case an additional DOG occurs, it gives a reference that hopefully would jog memories of the first one if there is a question about the first.
Closed Thread