The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 11, 2014, 12:06am
We don't rent pigs

(NO) Backcourt

Prime example of a couple of things.

1. People react to things that look in any way "funny", especially when they see something that they wanted to see.

2. Don't let the reaction of the crowd and the opposition make you doubt your own call, or lack thereof.

Ginobili is bringing the ball up the left side, then lobs crosscourt to Parker, who is trailing a couple of steps behind. Parker is right at the division line when he catches the pass, and everybody knows Ginobili was ahead of him, so..................

Announcers: They're calling for a backcourt violation. Jackson: I think it was a backcourt violation.

Other announcer: (Van Gundy or the other guy) Everything has to be across, the ball and both feet. Let's see........

Guess what. Replays shows nothing was even close to the line. Everything was clearly still in the backcourt when the pass was released.

Lonesome Dove
Old Wed Jun 11, 2014, 03:37am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Prime example of a couple of things.

1. People react to things that look in any way "funny", especially when they see something that they wanted to see.

2. Don't let the reaction of the crowd and the opposition make you doubt your own call, or lack thereof.

Ginobili is bringing the ball up the left side, then lobs crosscourt to Parker, who is trailing a couple of steps behind. Parker is right at the division line when he catches the pass, and everybody knows Ginobili was ahead of him, so..................

Announcers: They're calling for a backcourt violation. Jackson: I think it was a backcourt violation.

Other announcer: (Van Gundy or the other guy) Everything has to be across, the ball and both feet. Let's see........

Guess what. Replays shows nothing was even close to the line. Everything was clearly still in the backcourt when the pass was released.
The guys I was watching with screamed bloody murder. Wasn't even close guys, ffs.
Old Wed Jun 11, 2014, 03:51am
Official Forum Member

Always watch Super Bowl, WS, NBA Finals and FF by myself. Can't stand all the clowns spending the whole time whining about our brothers.........