The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 16, 2014, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Administrative foul clarification?

2 minutes into game player A6 checks in game, after coming into game and running up and down the floor for couple minutes commits a foul, after reporting foul, scorer now tells us A6 not in book. So per rule 10-1-2, when discovered, we have a T, add players name and number, shoot 2, team B gets ball at division line. Couple minutes later A45 checks in, scorer awake now, realizes that there is no A45 in book, they have A55 instead, so we go and explain we have already had an administrative foul that covers all of the changes listed in 10-1-2, and to go ahead and change it without another penalty. Coach going nuts wanting to shoot 2 more free ones, just wanting to make sure we got this right. Is how I am reading the rule correct? One T for all of the corrections that need to be made, or did I kick it? I know it says when discovered, that is what has me 2nd guessing I think. If you discovered a bunch of numbers wrong, you could change them all with one T, but where these were at different times that is what got me thinking about it.
Old Thu Jan 16, 2014, 01:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

All book Ts for what is stated after the 10 minute mark, are only 1 T for all mistakes. I do not have my rulebook in front of me, but I believe it is in Rule 3 this is also made clear.

Peace
Old Thu Jan 16, 2014, 02:11pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Other than a possible T on B coach (depends on what you mean by "going nuts"), you got it right.
Old Thu Jan 16, 2014, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrutledge View Post
all book ts for what is stated after the 10 minute mark, are only 1 t for all mistakes. I do not have my rulebook in front of me, but i believe it is in rule 3 this is also made clear.

Peace
Mind like a steel trap. 3-2-2
Old Thu Jan 16, 2014, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Hopefully you checked the book against what was provided to the official scorer. If it is the home team, they are usually already written in the book (at least around here) but I have seen coaches put a computer generated list on the table for the scorer to transfer into the official book. Visiting team it is usually their book, but a list is also sometimes used. If they were listed on what was provided and simply missed during transposition just make the changes and move on.