The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 06, 2014, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude View Post
It's not WHAT he said...it's HOW he said it.

Right on the money RookieDude, I had to fill out our online form for "loss of coaching box", AKA Technical. As I was putting in the details, it sounded like the guy didn't deserve it. However, it's HOW he said it.
Old Mon Jan 06, 2014, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeTops25 View Post
Right. I gave the coach 15 seconds of my time. Interpersonal skills go a long way in this avocation.
15 seconds is a very long time... but that said, if he's discussing something, 15 seconds can be fine. If he's kvetching, cut him off.

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Jan 06, 2014, 06:05pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
15 seconds is a very long time... but that said, if he's discussing something, 15 seconds can be fine. If he's kvetching, cut him off.
Exactly. And my portion of he 15 seconds will consist of more than 10 words. But I also have a cut-off point where if the coach asks a question, and I answer it, he doesn't get to debate my answer or repeat the question.

This past weekend I had to tell a coach, "I already answered your question". The first time nicely, the 2nd very tersely and was the last interaction I had with the coach the rest of the game. Of course, earlier in the game, this coach complained about a offensive push-off after I called a defensive foul on his player. When my response was "I'll look out for it", his response was "it's too late now". So this jack-wagon had already run out of rope by the second interaction.