The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Administrative Technicals

The thread concerning Admin T's made me think of this situation and I didn't want to hijack the other thread. Sorry if it seems redundant.

Middle of the 2nd quarter A1 commits a foul and it is noted that A1 is not in the book. Admin Tech against Team A is issued. B1 shoots the first of the two FT's. The table then notifies the officials that B1 is not in the book. Admin Tech against Team B is issued.

My questions are; 1) Do we always shoot admin T's and administer them in the order they occurred? (no cancelling as in Double T's) 2) Does the above scenario end with a division line throw in by Team A?
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 01:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

1. Unless you can find a way that a double T is considered a foul against opponents at approximately the same time for administrative violations, then you cannot have both fouls cancel out as in a definition of a double foul or T of any kind.

2. Yes, Team A should get the ball at the division line. The T on team B was noticed after the T on Team A was being administered.

Peace
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
1. Unless you can find a way that a double T is considered a foul against opponents at approximately the same time for administrative violations, then you cannot have both fouls cancel out as in a definition of a double foul or T of any kind.

2. Yes, Team A should get the ball at the division line. The T on team B was noticed after the T on Team A was being administered.

Peace
I completely agree with you but to clarify.

Based on your answer to (1), it would not change any thing in my scenario if the T on Team B was noticed prior to administering the T on Team A. Correct?
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 01:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

I do not see how an administrative T can ever be a double foul by definition. So you administer this fouls in the order in which they took place.

Peace
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 02:00pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I do not see how an administrative T can ever be a double foul by definition. So you administer this fouls in the order in which they took place.

Peace
Hmm. The T is for changing the book. So, whichever name gets changed/added first gets the first T.
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Peace
Not double, but simultaneous....

Neither team provides their rosters/starters by the 10 minute mark?

At some moment in the game, the table tells you that neither A1 nor B1, both in the game, is in the book.
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post

At some moment in the game, the table tells you that neither A1 nor B1, both in the game, is in the book.
The first is "offset" in NCAAW. There's a specific case on it. I seem to recall one in FED, but I don't have the books handy today.
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 03:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

Well then show that is the intention by the rules makers an show a situation that is how this should be adjudicated. Each of these situations could be realistically found out at different times, so I am not sure how you make that a simultaneous foul of some kind when these are only fouls when discovered. We are already about to shoot FTs in one and then we later find out there is a T in another situation. There is clearly a delay and that is not either at the same time against opponents or simultaneous which you are suggesting.

Peace
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 05:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Well then show that is the intention by the rules makers an show a situation that is how this should be adjudicated. Each of these situations could be realistically found out at different times, so I am not sure how you make that a simultaneous foul of some kind when these are only fouls when discovered. We are already about to shoot FTs in one and then we later find out there is a T in another situation. There is clearly a delay and that is not either at the same time against opponents or simultaneous which you are suggesting.

Peace
Sure, they may be discovered at different times just like any two random fouls happen at different times. None of that precludes them being discovered at the same time. I never said they were all simultaneous fouls, just that they could be. You said it could never happen. I provided a simple and possible example where it could.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Dec 16, 2013 at 07:04pm.
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 09:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Sure, they may be discovered at different times just like any two random fouls happen at different times. None of that precludes them being discovered at the same time. I never said they were all simultaneous fouls, just that they could be. You said it could never happen. I provided a simple and possible example where it could.
Well I said if you have a case play that suggests otherwise, I will defer to that point of view. But in the OP, this is clearly two different events and did not happen simultaneously. And I do not know of any situation where you would not treat these as different events. And I have yet to find support that suggests you would not shoot FTs in this or any other situation. Again, find something that suggests otherwise and I will go along with your feeling on this.

Peace
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Well I said if you have a case play that suggests otherwise, I will defer to that point of view. But in the OP, this is clearly two different events and did not happen simultaneously. And I do not know of any situation where you would not treat these as different events. And I have yet to find support that suggests you would not shoot FTs in this or any other situation. Again, find something that suggests otherwise and I will go along with your feeling on this.

Peace
JRut - what would you do if you called a double-foul on two guys, where neither one was in the book?
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 11:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bill View Post
JRut - what would you do if you called a double-foul on two guys, where neither one was in the book?
Didn't they figure out one of them was not in the book first?

Peace
Old Tue Dec 17, 2013, 12:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Didn't they figure out one of them was not in the book first?

Peace
I don't understand. You just answered a question with a question. What would you do?
Old Tue Dec 17, 2013, 12:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Bill View Post
I don't understand. You just answered a question with a question. What would you do?
I just told you what I would do if you were paying attention. This is not a double foul by definition. It is not a foul against opponents and it is not something that happen at the same time. One was discovered before the other. And if you want to ask a third world situation that will not likely happen, because chances are they are discovered before they get that far. And if they are not discovered until the foul, one of them are discovered first and the other second. I would ask, which one did you realize first, then I give a T to them first and the other T second.

And I looked this up and still do not see any support that suggests you can call a double foul for his kind of situation.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 17, 2013, 12:12am
Official Forum Member

That's why i didn't understand. No - I'm talking about what you would do if you called a double-foul on two guys that neither happened to be in the book (i.e., a situation dif from OP).
Closed Thread