Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 10, 2013, 06:03am
Esteemed Forum Member

Jeffrey ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The change when it took place.
JRutledge: While trying to find a date on the Power Point that you posted (2008), I discovered that you were the author. Excellent presentation. The group(s) that you educate is lucky to have you.

You posted that this was a change. What was the previous rule?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri May 10, 2013 at 06:12am.
Old Fri May 10, 2013, 06:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
JRutledge: While trying to find a date on the Power Point that you posted (2008), I discovered that you were the author. Excellent presentation. The group(s) that you educate is lucky to have you.

This is from 2006-07. Since the NFHS used the word "established" it would appear nothing was set in stone until '06-07 then NFHS revised the rule for '08-09.

Quote:
GUIDELINES FOR HEADBANDS, WRISTBANDS ESTABLISHED (3-5-3, 3-6) Headbands and wristbands must be unadorned (except for the permissible logo) and be the predominant color of the jersey or white. When wearing headbands and/or wristbands, all players must wear the same color and wear the items as intended.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)
Old Fri May 10, 2013, 06:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Socks? No rules, even if they go from the player's feet all the way up underneath the player's shorts. Socks (below) are legal.
No sock rule in NFHS but NCAA does have one:

3-8-1 A single manufacturer’s or distributor’s normal logo, label or trademark meeting the size restrictions of 3-8.2 is permitted once on the game jersey, once on the game pants and once on all other items of apparel excluding the undershirt.

Which means only one namufacturer's logo is allowed on socks as well as all other itms other than undershirts. I've heard tell of this being enforced as far as the socks are concerned. My NCAAW assignor reminds us every February to keep the rule in mind, mainly to get schools used to it during the NCAAs. It could be the most hated rule in the book.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)
Old Fri May 10, 2013, 09:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

Actually Billy this was posted last year. I have run a class for 6 years (I believe) and I have modified that particular module every year when there have been changes to uniform rules to reflect new rules or changes to all these rules.

That being said the old rule was there was no color restriction. Then the NF said that all these items had to be the same color. Then they added colors (team color). Then a color restriction on what the arm sleeves were to be. Now the addition of leg sleeves or other leg items.

Peace
Old Fri May 10, 2013, 05:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Just The Facts, Ma’am ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
That being said the old rule was there was no color restriction. Then the NF said that all these items had to be the same color. Then they added colors (team color). Then a color restriction on what the arm sleeves were to be. Now the addition of leg sleeves or other leg items ...
I don't like the direction that this is heading.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Sat May 11, 2013, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
Wish this were included for tipped shots as well. I've had a couple cases as the lead where an airball (shot from out of my area where I wasn't looking) has gone out of bounds and I have had to look for help from my partner to know whether it was a straight airball or a tipped shot. Or I point the other direction only to have my partner come tell me it was tipped and I change the call.

If I see my partner make a "tip ball" sign, I can make my OOB call without any doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I hate the tip signal on shots. Yeah, it may save half a second on an OOB call, but it causes more headaches than it's worth. I have more plays where I call a foul while my partner is giving the tip signal (in my PCA) than OOB plays where I need help.
Paul, you signal tipped ball on the shot as I whistle a foul.

It's almost as bad as a blarge.

The tipped ball signal should never be used on a shot.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun May 12, 2013, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I guess I will have to start packing a ruler to make sure the manufacturers logo is no bigger than 2-1/4 inches.

Or just wait until someone watching on tv phones in and lets me know they violated the uniform rules.
The rule has always (well, 10 years or so) been 2 1/4 inches. It's allowing the logo on the jersey that's new.
Old Sun May 12, 2013, 09:24am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
I don't like the direction that this is heading.
Shoes and socks to follow?
Old Sun May 12, 2013, 01:46pm
Esteemed Forum Member

And Don't Click Your Ruby Slippers Together While Saying It ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Shoes and socks to follow?
Bite your tongue.