The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 23, 2013, 09:34pm
Official Forum Member

Big finish--two threes in two seconds

My partner and I had an 8th grade girls' tournament game tonight. Down to eight seconds, and neither team could buy a basket all night, missing everything by a mile, leading to a 13-12 score. The trailing team's guard ran up the floor and launched a desperation three-pointer and banked it in for a 15-13 lead. The crowd went nuts, and I turned in time to grant the opposing coach his last time out with 1.4 seconds left on the clock. The inbounder hurled the ball as far as she could, over several outstretched hands and it one-hopped to her teammate who was just outside the three point arc. Catch and shoot, and she drained a 3. Nothing but the bottom of the net.

Naturally the coach went nuts, unable to believe that the wasn't touched somewhere on the long pass, but it was clean, and nobody else in the gym even questioned it. One of those games where I was thankful for a well-administered clock!
Old Sun Feb 24, 2013, 12:43pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplagrow View Post
My partner and I had an 8th grade girls' tournament game tonight. Down to eight seconds, and neither team could buy a basket all night, missing everything by a mile, leading to a 13-12 score. The trailing team's guard ran up the floor and launched a desperation three-pointer and banked it in for a 15-13 lead. The crowd went nuts, and I turned in time to grant the opposing coach his last time out with 1.4 seconds left on the clock. The inbounder hurled the ball as far as she could, over several outstretched hands and it one-hopped to her teammate who was just outside the three point arc. Catch and shoot, and she drained a 3. Nothing but the bottom of the net.

Naturally the coach went nuts, unable to believe that the wasn't touched somewhere on the long pass, but it was clean, and nobody else in the gym even questioned it. One of those games where I was thankful for a well-administered clock!
Nice. Did that coach call out '3 seconds'?