The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 11:24am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

This weekend's tourney

Girls tourney for U15 and lower.

3 T's, all for howler monkeys. First to a HC in a U11 game. Next two both to ACs in the U14 final. First in the U14 final was a T to the AC who thought that she's really the "co-head coach". lmao. Complains about a few missed calls, and loudly. Whack. She stormed off in a huff. I back away to the far side of the court while my P lines up the shooter. Fans are yelling, "explain the rule to her". There's no good that can come out of a situation where I ignored her logic (next paragraph), and then she storms off in a huff and I impose more communication.

We had an earlier case in the same game where time ran off the clock when it shouldn't have. The only definite knowledge we had was 3 seconds - my back court count. She (same as above) tried to explain things in 4 different ways thinking that I'd cave. lol Silly. I didn't respond to her logic in attempts 3 and 4. I only responded to attempt 2 in an effort to "communicate more".

2nd T in the U14 game was to the other AC who also was warned early Q1 about comments toward perceived missed calls. The rule here is HC only. He was warned, through the HC, and is stopped. Until late Q4. 3 quick comments about a loose ball play, and whack!
Old Mon Jan 14, 2013, 11:46am
Esteemed Forum Member

And Those That Did Never Graduated ...

Coaches, for the most part, did not attend the Mr. Spock School of Logic.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)