The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 27, 2012, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Once the official who picked up the game has accepted it, his name will show up. Until then, it shows as "Pending" on the mobile site.
Interesting you guys mention this. The last several months, my mobile arbiter has consistently shown my partners "pending" on many of my games even though the regular site indicates the names of both.

I keep thinking it's a bug that a update will fix, but I haven't seen an update for that app for quite a while.

Anyone else having that issue?
Old Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLH17 View Post
Interesting you guys mention this. The last several months, my mobile arbiter has consistently shown my partners "pending" on many of my games even though the regular site indicates the names of both.

I keep thinking it's a bug that a update will fix, but I haven't seen an update for that app for quite a while.

Anyone else having that issue?
Yes, you have to clear your browser's cookies/data. On my iphone, I went to Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data. Been good ever since.
Old Thu Dec 27, 2012, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLydic View Post
Yes, you have to clear your browser's cookies/data. On my iphone, I went to Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data. Been good ever since.
I'm golden! Thanks!
Old Fri Dec 28, 2012, 03:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
I have the NFHS Rules app on my iPad and on my iPhone.

I use the app "Court Coverage" on my iPad.

I use the Arbiter on my iPad and Mobile Arbiter on my iPhone.

I have my pre-game discussion on my iPad. However, I use Skydrive instead of Dropbox, as it has 7GB of free space.

Is the rules app worth the money? 6 bucks seems like a steep price considering you can find pdf's for free.
Old Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
Is the rules app worth the money? 6 bucks seems like a steep price considering you can find pdf's for free.
Price is steep but Its very convenient and easy to read on ipad. Also the bookmark funtion is great for organizing case book plays or rules you want to access quickly.
Old Thu Jan 03, 2013, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

The NFHS apple app has both rule and case book. Since you have your phone with you all the time it makes it a great tool. Plus, the app links related rules together and you can also word search.

The Mountain West conference uses a company called DVSport. They have an app in the Apple App Store that is like $100 and sometimes is on sale for less. This app allows you to either record games via the iPad camera or to have the replay technician download the game that is cut-up onto the official's iPad.
Old Thu Jan 03, 2013, 02:03pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliref View Post
The Mountain West conference uses a company called DVSport. They have an app in the Apple App Store that is like $100 and sometimes is on sale for less. This app allows you to either record games via the iPad camera or to have the replay technician download the game that is cut-up onto the official's iPad.
A guy on my high school crew actually runs this for UNLV games and has the app on his iPad. It is a nice app and I could see paying $100...if I was on the highest tier of the Mountain West roster.

For Christmas my wife, who knows her husband likes tech toys, bought me an iPad Mini. Totally unexpected.
Old Thu Jan 03, 2013, 02:29pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
A guy on my high school crew actually runs this for UNLV games and has the app on his iPad. It is a nice app and I could see paying $100...if I was on the highest tier of the Mountain West roster.

For Christmas my wife, who knows her husband likes tech toys, bought me an iPad Mini. Totally unexpected.
I bought my wife an IPad Mini for Christmas. Does that mean I need to make her start going to my games and record them?

OT: The kid who leads the Mountain West in scoring plays at the AFA. He's a local product (same HS as my son), son of a retired Army Lt. Col.