Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 11:06am
Archaic Power Monger

Oh good grief.
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Just had my post on this thread edited by the new MANAGEMENT....while I think they were being a bit too picky, kudos to them for being active and screening our posts !!!!!!

WELPE - you were the only one to see my op-ed !!!!!!
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 12:17pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
Just had my post on this thread edited by the new MANAGEMENT....while I think they were being a bit too picky, kudos to them for being active and screening our posts !!!!!!

I saw it (the perks of being a moderator), and it was an easy call by APG. Your point could have been made without the screed. If he hadn't done it, I would have.
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 12:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Blew It, My Only Chance To Get In The Record Book, Wasted ...

Quote:
Just had my post on this thread edited by the new MANAGEMENT.
Aw shucks. I wanted to be the first. I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. I was distracted by the recent threads, and posts, that actually talked about basketball plays.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Got ya !!!!

BM -

Finally.... I have accomplished something that you haven't !!!!! I can now retire from posting on this site!!!!!! There will be a ticker tape parade, where I will receive my own personal shiny DELETE key!!!!!! I will be selling replicas
to all interested parties !!!!!!

My speech shall begin.... "A special thanks to Snags and APG for their leadership. This wouldn't be possible without their nurturing by Bob Jenkins."....................... The rest of this speech is currently being written by some VIP's.

More to come at a later date......

Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 01:38pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
+1.... I hope that the AD would suspend that coach a game for that behavior!!!! But anyway a good technical foul is in order !!!!

Note from AllPurposeGamer: Keep the politics out of this thread
Dang, I missed it.
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 02:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Winner, And Still Forum Champion ...

Quote:
I have accomplished something that you haven't
Let's see who get suspended from the Forum, "Forever", as I have, twice. I've also been suspended for a month. Let's see you go ahead and beat those records. Go ahead, I dare you. Give it your best shot. Go ahead and make my day.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 03:36pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Aw shucks. I wanted to be the first. I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. I was distracted by the recent threads, and posts, that actually talked about basketball plays.
Patience, Billy.
Old Wed Sep 12, 2012, 05:52pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:

I saw the original since I can always go back and look at it. No brainer moderation.

We're not looking to be overly aggressive here, but if you want to make political points, this isn't the place.
Old Thu Sep 13, 2012, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Pay Attention my son !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
BM - See how easy it was to get you off your game !!!!! No need for you to pay attention to posts that actually talk plays....your value to us on this thread is two fold....you are a spokesperson for IAABO and your amusement
value is second to none. Don't come on here claiming to be Peter Webb or any other other rules guru or great play caller!!!!!!!!

Simply stated.......KNOW YOUR ROLE !!!!!
Old Thu Sep 13, 2012, 03:08pm
9 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
In 1k games my first 2.5 years of officiating I have called 20 DoG for kids reaching heavily through the inbound plane after trying to talk them back. I have also watched a lot of games. My partners and in those other games I have only seen this DoG called a few times. My personality is this gives the defense an advantage and well they aren't heading the warning and to actually call it.

I am beginning to wonder if a lot of officials let them get away with moderate infringement because they dont want to have to stop the game and go over and report it because it seems embarrassing or not not severe enough to stop a game.

I dont want to slow my climb up the ladder by being to picky on this call and the one where kids hit the line on free throw attempts.

I need some advice and look forward to it today. Thanks in advance.

Big T, in my 19 years of officiating (mostly in the SLC area), I haven't called this anywhere near 20 times. Talk them out of the DoG and call only what you HAVE to.

Remember, when in Rome...

Don't stand out for the wrong reason.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 12:26am
C'mon man!!

Who shoots the FTs?

So just a couple questions for us newer officials.
Who shoots the technical or intentional free throws after contact of the ball/player OOB? The player or the team? Does it matter in this case whether it is INT or Tech?

Next question, after the shooting of the FTs, where is the ball inbounded?
Specifically from this scenario: Team A is inbounding under their own basket. B1 breaks the plane and strikes the ball while stil in A1s hand. Technical foul is called. Seems like a disadvantage to me to have A inbound the ball form half court whenthey had it under the basket to start with.
Thanks
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 12:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
So just a couple questions for us newer officials.
Who shoots the technical or intentional free throws after contact of the ball/player OOB? The player or the team? Does it matter in this case whether it is INT or Tech?
The rule does not change for this situation, it is just like any other situations. Intentional Fouls are always shot by the person fouled unless injured or disqualified for some reason. Technical Fouls are always shot by anyone that is available on the team to shoot the FTs.

Quote:
Next question, after the shooting of the FTs, where is the ball inbounded?
Specifically from this scenario: Team A is inbounding under their own basket. B1 breaks the plane and strikes the ball while stil in A1s hand. Technical foul is called. Seems like a disadvantage to me to have A inbound the ball form half court whenthey had it under the basket to start with.
Thanks
Again, what does the rule say? Who cares what it might be more advantageous or what is fair? All Technical Fouls throw-ins are administered at the division line, opposite the table. Is it advantageous to now have another Technical Foul of any kind now will disqualify a player or coach from the game? It does not matter what is more advantageous you or I think, the rule is the rule for a reason. At least an Intentional Foul is just like another foul.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 01:13am
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The rule does not change for this situation, it is just like any other situations. Intentional Fouls are always shot by the person fouled unless injured or disqualified for some reason. Technical Fouls are always shot by anyone that is available on the team to shoot the FTs.

Again, what does the rule say? Who cares what it might be more advantageous or what is fair? All Technical Fouls throw-ins are administered at the division line, opposite the table. Is it advantageous to now have another Technical Foul of any kind now will disqualify a player or coach from the game? It does not matter what is more advantageous you or I think, the rule is the rule for a reason. At least an Intentional Foul is just like another foul.

Peace
That is prety much what I thought. Just wanted verification. Thanks again.
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 02:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
That is prety much what I thought. Just wanted verification. Thanks again.
Moral of the story, do not overthink rules. Most rules are pretty simple if you actually think of them through. And it is rather basic what we do in IF and TF situations if you just take a breathe and think of what you do.

Now this should not be a rule you ever screw up.

Peace