The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 08, 2012, 08:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

No, 7whateverhisfreakinnameis is a non-MF factor. He knows it and why he is trying to make name for himself by going after me. I am done with his punk ***.

Peace
Old Sun Apr 08, 2012, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7IronRef View Post
You rendered your decisions on both calls, and your judgment is incorrect on both. You called one a block and the other a PC. Yes, these are your opinions on both calls, but in both plays the defense is moving into the path of the shooter. In both cases you got it wrong, especially if you subscribe to the teachings of the NCAA, which you claim you do.

Just keep doing what you typically do, twist things just enough to get off the subject and divert attention from your incorrect rulings.

It's ok to admit your mistakes, learn from it and improve.
You do realize that other people agreed with a blocking foul as well right?

And unless you're assigning games for JRut or anyone else, you saying the judgement was wrong does not make it so.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Apr 08, 2012, 09:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
You do realize that other people agreed with a blocking foul as well right?

And unless you're assigning games for JRut or anyone else, you saying the judgement was wrong does not make it so.
And he is probably too simple minded to realize that most people (at least early on) in this thread said this was a PC foul.

He is just a troll trying to make a name for himself here.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 03:27pm
Courageous When Prudent

This play and the other play are not identical. I have a Block on this play without much hesitation. The other play is a lot more 50/50 in my book.
Old Mon Apr 09, 2012, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
And he is probably too simple minded to realize that most people (at least early on) in this thread said this was a PC foul.

He is just a troll trying to make a name for himself here.

Peace
You have revealed yourself for what you are Putzledge. I can name call too.

What an egomaniac! You are just like the elder statesmen of officials around here. You say one thing and then do another and when called on it you resort to name calling and other tired BS. To say that I am trying to make a name for myself at your expense, well that is your ego getting in the way.

I don't need to make a name for myself or care what you think. Everyone around here knows how much you like to have the last word, so it is doubtful you will let it go. Just another old timer the game has passed by.

And if you think I am a troll (which I am not), then you took the bait.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

What is really baffling to me is why we are even discussing this play. By rule,. it is totally and clearly 100% a charge. Offensive player does not get head and shoulders by defender. She goes straight thru the torso. This is an amazingly easy call. There is NOTHING in the rule about "being set," "not moving," etc. And there is certainly no time or distance involved. Defender beats her to the spot and offensive player runs her over. Charge every time.

We officials really screw up the game when we call plays like this a block.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofficial View Post
What is really baffling to me is why we are even discussing this play. By rule,. it is totally and clearly 100% a charge. Offensive player does not get head and shoulders by defender. She goes straight thru the torso. This is an amazingly easy call. There is NOTHING in the rule about "being set," "not moving," etc. And there is certainly no time or distance involved. Defender beats her to the spot and offensive player runs her over. Charge every time.

I thought the offense had to get head & shoulders by the primary defender
Pretty tough to get by someone whos not there to get by .
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 08:53am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7IronRef View Post
You have revealed yourself for what you are Putzledge. I can name call too.

What an egomaniac! You are just like the elder statesmen of officials around here. You say one thing and then do another and when called on it you resort to name calling and other tired BS. To say that I am trying to make a name for myself at your expense, well that is your ego getting in the way.

I don't need to make a name for myself or care what you think. Everyone around here knows how much you like to have the last word, so it is doubtful you will let it go. Just another old timer the game has passed by.

And if you think I am a troll (which I am not), then you took the bait.
Wow, reading this post was as useless as watching the golf video. Is there a reason you are speaking for "everyone"?
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Wow, reading this post was as useless as watching the golf video. Is there a reason you are speaking for "everyone"?
I will give him the benefit of the doubt with that statement. It was just a phrase...
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 09:29am
Do not give a damn!!

Obviously he is speaking for everyone because anyone that disagreed with him is totally wrong about all these plays. Again why even discuss these situations, we will just have the golf guy come and tell us what to do.

Peace
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 09:39am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Obviously he is speaking for everyone because anyone that disagreed with him is totally wrong about all these plays. Again why even discuss these situations, we will just have the golf guy come and tell us what to do.

Peace
Or Jay Bilas.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofficial View Post

The offensive and defensive players are coming from 2 totally different angles and then there is contact at point A. So I'm seeing the defensive player impeding on the offensive player's path to the basket without first maintaining LGP. Therefore I have a block.

Has nothing to do with 'not being set' or 'not moving'. It's all about not having LGP prior to the contact, IMHO.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post
The offensive and defensive players are coming from 2 totally different angles and then there is contact at point A. So I'm seeing the defensive player impeding on the offensive player's path to the basket without first maintaining LGP. Therefore I have a block.

Has nothing to do with 'not being set' or 'not moving'. It's all about not having LGP prior to the contact, IMHO.
Thats how I see this play as well, she cant maintain what she never obtained... by rule.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 10:13am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92 View Post

I've been fascinated to read all the different opinions of this play, even in slow motion. I have a defender, with established LGP, moving backwards and to her right (obliquely, not towards the shooter), and getting hit in the chest by the dribbler. To me, it's a pretty solid PC foul, but the disagreement is still fascinating to me.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2012, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I've been fascinated to read all the different opinions of this play, even in slow motion. I have a defender, with established LGP, moving backwards and to her right (obliquely, not towards the shooter), and getting hit in the chest by the dribbler. To me, it's a pretty solid PC foul, but the disagreement is still fascinating to me.
I'm willing to give it another look. At what time is LGP obtained?