The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 08:00am
Archaic Power Monger

I'm planning on getting a pair of the patent ones in time for camp this summer. Sounds like I should go up a size as well.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 09:20am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
My guess is your knee issue is unrelated. I'd have a doctor look at it.

Everyone in our association who has these shoes raves about them. I've never worn a better shoe, nor had less leg and foot pain thatn I've had this year.
Me too.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I'm planning on getting a pair of the patent ones in time for camp this summer. Sounds like I should go up a size as well.
Just a FYI, I went a half size up which did the trick. Hopefully, you'll be able to try them on.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 10:57am
Archaic Power Monger

Well if these fit like their field turf shoes do I will probably need to go a full size.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

I got the patent leather Zigs right after Christmas and wore them in every game until the end of the season. I love them and they fit me perfectly. I wear a 13 in every other shoe as well as this one.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 01:35pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I got the patent leather Zigs right after Christmas and wore them in every game until the end of the season. I love them and they fit me perfectly. I wear a 13 in every other shoe as well as this one.
I went up a half-size cause my feet are usually EE. I wore my Zigs for all of my games this season and have had the least amount of feet issues I've had in years.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

I had one problem with the patent Zigs. After just two games, the "pattern thing" on the sole came loose. (I don't know how else to explain it...but it is like a jigsaw puzzle piece that fits into the waffle part of the sole).

I called the retailer...and he said it was the second complaint he had out of 300+ pairs sold. Had my local cobbler glue it back. I thought it was a design defect...but he said it was just poorly made. No problems since I got them fixed.

At the time (early January), I could not find another one in my size in the U.S. Reebok offered to replace them with a "comparable pair," which turned out to be one of equal money value, not the patent leather ref model. Retailer offered by money back...but I wanted to keep the shoe.

I bought 1/2 size larger...and since this fix...have been thrilled with them.
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 12:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStateRef View Post
I had one problem with the patent Zigs. After just two games, the "pattern thing" on the sole came loose. (I don't know how else to explain it...but it is like a jigsaw puzzle piece that fits into the waffle part of the sole).

I called the retailer...and he said it was the second complaint he had out of 300+ pairs sold. Had my local cobbler glue it back. I thought it was a design defect...but he said it was just poorly made. No problems since I got them fixed.

At the time (early January), I could not find another one in my size in the U.S. Reebok offered to replace them with a "comparable pair," which turned out to be one of equal money value, not the patent leather ref model. Retailer offered by money back...but I wanted to keep the shoe.

I bought 1/2 size larger...and since this fix...have been thrilled with them.
I have actually had the same thing happen on my other pair of Zigs that I have been wearing for about a year now in everyday use. It is a little insert on the bottom of the shoe that comes unglued.
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Great shoe.
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

I was just commenting to a fellow official that I did not have a "back issue" this year. Maybe it was because of my zigs...who knows...but, I do know I did not have any issues with back pain or leg pain as I have in past years.

Great shoe!
Richland, WA
Old Wed Feb 29, 2012, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddn View Post
Love my Zigs. Used to have fairly severe shin splints, and they are very much reduced since I started wearing Zigs.
+1 They have helped my shin splints as well. I'm buying another pair before camp this summer.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:39am
MABO Member

Best shoes I have ever worn in 30+ years. I was afraid after having knee surgery in Sept that I would not be ready for games at the end of October, I wore the Zigs to rehab and never had a lick of pain. I wear a pair for officiating as well.

When the suppliers get all their back orders in I am hoping there will be enough left to send me a new pair.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the reply's guys. Must just have been a fluke thing. I really like the shoes and will probably get a back up pair when they are back in stock.

M&M I am still faster than you are. LOL Havent seen you in awhile, hope all is well.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverfalls57 View Post
best shoes i've ever had. No problems at all. In fact i've had less problems this year than i ever have had before.
+1
Old Fri Mar 02, 2012, 12:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Just a FYI, I went a half size up which did the trick. Hopefully, you'll be able to try them on.
A half size up was enough for me as well.

Foot Locker has half sizes up to a 14.5 when they have them in stock.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith