The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 24, 2012, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are right, the NF does not use the term "ejection" they do have a definition for "Disqualified Player."

Peace
Actually, they do in a few places.

From the NFHS's rules differences chart:

Disqualification/Ejection
Players/Bench Personnel

NFHS:
Disqualification – Fifth personal
Ejection – Single flagrant; second technical

The term is also used in a few other places as well, usually when talking about bench personnel (which includes team members).

Ejection, however, doesn't imply removal from the gym in the case of team members or players, only when the ejected party is an adult.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 05:22pm.
Old Fri Feb 24, 2012, 05:36pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Camron Rust: Thanks For Raining On My Parade ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Does the NFHS still use the term "ejection" for players now that players are no longer banished to the showers. Doesn't the NFHS simply use the term "disqualified"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are right,
Quote:
This never happens to me. Does my first correct post make me an esteemed member?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Actually,they do in a few places. Disqualification – Fifth personal. Ejection – Single flagrant; second technical.
The term is also used in a few other places as well, usually when talking about bench personnel (which includes team members). Ejection, however, doesn't imply removal from the gym in the case of team members or players, only when the ejected party is an adult.
Great? So I was wrong. Do I have to give back my esteemed member status? How long will it be until JRutledge again posts that I'm right? You all know that I'm old, and don't have too much time left on this side of the grass. I may never be right again. I already called my Mom. Would it be alright if I just left her believing that I posted a correct answer on the Forum? She's eighty-five. It would break her heart to find out that my correct answer was actually wrong. And my post was about players, not adults. Please be sympathetic.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 05:41pm.
Old Fri Feb 24, 2012, 05:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Great? So I was wrong. Do I have to give back my esteemed member status? How long will it be until JRutledge again posts that I'm right? You all know that I'm old, and don't have too much time left on this side of the grass. I may never be right again. I already called my Mom. Would it be alright if I just left her believing that I posted a correct answer on the Forum? She's eighty-five. It would break her heart to find out that my correct answer was actually wrong. And my post was about players, not adults. Please be sympathetic.
You keep making posts like this and it will take a lot longer.

Peace