The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 21, 2012, 07:43pm
Official Forum Member

You assumed. You know what that means....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Whatever you do, please don't raise this as an issue with the Federation...the last thing I want to do is become the sock police also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsont1977 View Post
No. I could care less about all of the uniform/dress code rules. Just have the uniforms the same colors for every team member and throw a ball out there.
I didn't say I didn't enforce the rules as they are, or have my kids abide by them, but I just don't care for all the rules about what kids can or can't have, nor do I want more. Personally, I don't care if a kid has a red undershirt under a blue uniform. I won't allow it due to the current rules, but the original posting was in reference to bringing up sock rules to the Federation. And my reply was that I could care less about new rules regarding uniform restrictions. I am sorry for your lack of comprehension, but don't give up. Reading is FUNdamental!
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 01:37am
C'mon man!!

What about for girls teams who don't wear an under shirt but they have a lime green sports bra on? What is the rule for that?
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 01:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
What about for girls teams who don't wear an under shirt but they have a lime green sports bra on? What is the rule for that?
Don't even think about going there with bra color...ever. Even the most strict uniform enforcer will tell you that you should NEVER go there.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 02:07am
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Don't even think about going there with bra color...ever. Even the most strict uniform enforcer will tell you that you should NEVER go there.
Oh I wouldn't, trust you me. Just wondering if anybody had a rules interp. Haven't noticed one in the rule book, probably for good reason.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 06:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And my reply was that I could care less about new rules regarding uniform restrictions. I am sorry for your lack of comprehension, but don't give up. Reading is FUNdamental!
Well, if you are going to be that way about it, then let's start with a grammar lesson for you.

Couldn't Care Less or Could Care Less - Grammatical Jeopardy

Using the phrase “could care less” actually means that one does, in fact, possess a measurable level of caring, concern or interest of a given situation and is contradictory to the context in which that phrase is commonly used. The use of “could care less”, in fact, expresses that one does care, have an interest, or a level of concern about a topic or situation.
Attempting to convey a position that one has no interest or concern would require the use of the phrase “couldn’t care less”, which indicates a state of mind completely devoid of caring, interest or concern. If one cannot care less, the indication is a level at which one could not possibly care less because he/she already does not care at all.
Incorrect usage: “I could care less what he thinks…” – meaning one does care and possesses a measurable level of caring from which feeling could be subtracted.
Correct usage: “I couldn’t care less what he thinks…” – meaning one does not care at all and thus it would be impossible to care any less or subtract feeling where none exists.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Well, if you are going to be that way about it, then let's start with a grammar lesson for you.

Using the phrase “could care less” actually means that one does, in fact, possess a measurable level of caring, concern or interest of a given situation and is contradictory to the context in which that phrase is commonly used. The use of “could care less”, in fact, expresses that one does care, have an interest, or a level of concern about a topic or situation.
Attempting to convey a position that one has no interest or concern would require the use of the phrase “couldn’t care less”, which indicates a state of mind completely devoid of caring, interest or concern. If one cannot care less, the indication is a level at which one could not possibly care less because he/she already does not care at all.
Incorrect usage: “I could care less what he thinks…” – meaning one does care and possesses a measurable level of caring from which feeling could be subtracted.
Correct usage: “I couldn’t care less what he thinks…” – meaning one does not care at all and thus it would be impossible to care any less or subtract feeling where none exists.
Thank you. This is one of my biggest pet peeves.

My other big pet peeve is when people use the "What are you, the grammar police?" line on the Internet. Quit butchering the English language and no one will have to say anything.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

What are you the gr....never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post

Point taken. I couldn't care less about new uniform/dress code rules.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I didn't say I didn't enforce the rules as they are, or have my kids abide by them, but I just don't care for all the rules about what kids can or can't have, nor do I want more. Personally, I don't care if a kid has a red undershirt under a blue uniform. I won't allow it due to the current rules, but the original posting was in reference to bringing up sock rules to the Federation. And my reply was that I could care less about new rules regarding uniform restrictions. I am sorry for your lack of comprehension, but don't give up. Reading is FUNdamental!
So you're a coach? If so, you don't really have a choice, and whether you like them or not is inconsequential really.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Then why do you care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
So you're a coach? If so, you don't really have a choice, and whether you like them or not is inconsequential really.
A. I am a coach and an official at lower level games.
B. Where did I say I had a choice?
C. Whether I like them or not is consequential to me and any others that agree or disagree with me. It may be inconsequential to you, but it is my opinion. Not unlike hundreds of other opinions that I have read on these forums.
and D. I missed the part where I had to have your permission to post an opinion. But in the future I will ask you first.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 12:57pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
C. Whether I like them or not is consequential to me and any others that agree or disagree with me. It may be inconsequential to you, but it is my opinion. Not unlike hundreds of other opinions that I have read on these forums.
and D. I missed the part where I had to have your permission to post an opinion. But in the future I will ask you first.
I understood your message. You don't want the NFHS getting even more involved than they already are, right?
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Yes. Thank You.

Quote:
I understood your message. You don't want the NFHS getting even more involved than they already are, right?
Exactly. Thank you. I will never speak of this again. I promise. The End.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 02:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

They've Already Banned Those Shoes With Lights ...

Quote:
You don't want the NFHS getting even more involved than they already are, right?
Agree 100%. The camel's nose is already under the tent. We don't want the camel jumping into the sleeping bag with us. The way it's going, the NFHS will eventually ban those shoes with retractable wheels. Now, that would certainly take the fun out of the game. Stupid "Gestapo Fashion Police".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 02:54pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The way it's going, the NFHS will eventually ban those shoes with retractable wheels.
If I were you I wouldn't wait to stop wearing them until they ban them, I'd just stop using them before you hurt yourself.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, nor did I say that you had to have my permission to post.
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 07:45pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Had a coach come up this year, before a BF game, and ask about the black U/A shirts underneath the other team's blue jerseys. I looked at him funny as I told him that yes, they were illegal (only the neckline of the U/A shirts was exposed, but it was enough).

Ended up starting that one with a T anyway (away team had two numbers wrong that didn't get noticed until right before tip-off). Second time this year I started a game without a jump ball; can't remember the last time before that, or if it had ever happened in one of my games.