The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 20, 2012, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
What are you talking about? He was catching a lob pass and trying to dunk the ball in the same motion. He was fouled and that caused the ball to bounce around on the rim before it finally went in. This is a obvious shooting foul at any level.
Actually, it isn't.

A few points....

1. IF the contact is before the lob pass arrives, it can't be a shooting foul....and the ball would be dead at the time of the foul.

2. I'm not convinced it is even a foul. Davis jumped up in FRONT of the potential shooter to go for what was basically a 50/50 ball. It looks like (from the poor video) that he may have got to the ball before Jefferson. I think I would pass on this one.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Fri Jan 20, 2012 at 04:50pm.
Old Fri Jan 20, 2012, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
What are you talking about? He was catching a lob pass and trying to dunk the ball in the same motion. He was fouled and that caused the ball to bounce around on the rim before it finally went in. This is a obvious shooting foul at any level.
I can see what he was trying to do, I didn't think there was enough contact on the shot to warrant a foul.