The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 01:55am
Official Forum Member

Strange night at the table!

Strange varsity boys game I handled tonight-

A.Technical foul on the home team for faliure to report a number change.Kid left a uniform in the dryer so we got him a spare.The new uniform # was not communicated to the table and he started the game.At the first available dead ball about 90 seconds in (a common foul in this case) I notified the R and they administered the approrpriate free throws.

A1.Almost had another one-I give the visiting coaches in my games a copy of their roster to mark the starters and verify the records for our PA announcer.Kid is normally #11 but switched to #34 and that switch was marked on the roster submitted but for some reason I wrote him in as #11.During the technical for the previous uniform violation I checked both submitted rosters and found no other issues.This team had 3 other switches for this game while they are awaiting new uniforms.

I'm used to musical uniforms in the summer-not in the second week of January
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 08:31am
Official Forum Member

I don't get why that's so strange.
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

These don't generally happen in my games.That's the first technical for that violation I've had in six years of full-time varsity scorekeeping.I also had a double-technical with 5.0 seconds to go in the 4'th quarter-also the first occurance for that to happen in one of my games.
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Strange varsity boys game I handled tonight-

A.Technical foul on the home team for faliure to report a number change.Kid left a uniform in the dryer so we got him a spare.The new uniform # was not communicated to the table and he started the game.At the first available dead ball about 90 seconds in (a common foul in this case) I notified the R and they administered the approrpriate free throws.

A1.Almost had another one-I give the visiting coaches in my games a copy of their roster to mark the starters and verify the records for our PA announcer.Kid is normally #11 but switched to #34 and that switch was marked on the roster submitted but for some reason I wrote him in as #11.During the technical for the previous uniform violation I checked both submitted rosters and found no other issues.This team had 3 other switches for this game while they are awaiting new uniforms.

I'm used to musical uniforms in the summer-not in the second week of January
I don't understand your comment "almost had another one" in the second situation. If the submitted lineup is correct and the scorekeeper copies it incorrectly I'm not giving a T for the book not being right.
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

Bearref-
Initially I thought it was a player who wasn't listed so I added the number.Then during the administration of the original technical foul I checked my submited copy of their roster and found my mistake of listing him as #11 instead of #34.I said "Almost had another one" because initially that's what I thought I had before checking the roster.
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 02:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

This is why I ask the head coach to verify that information before the game. Usually that stops all problems or we know who made the error and take care of it accordingly.

Peace