The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

On a related note

Rockets’ G Kyle Lowry charged with misdemeanor battery | SI Tracking Blog ? Tracking the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter

Quote:
According to the arrest report, Lowry got upset with Infini Robinson, a female who was officiating the game. Lowry allegedly threw a basketball into her torso and then challenged her to a fight. He later, the report states, hit her again with the ball, throwing it “at a high rate of speed.”
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
"Gentlemen, just a quick note about fan behavior. I just found out some idiot threw the ball at the head of one of the JV officials. I've convinced him to call the police and press charges, but I wanted to mention it so you guys could help us out. Thanks."
Priceless!

And thanks for all the comments. I did advise my assignor and the state of the issue. The guy actually left the gym right after the incident and so was not a problem for the remainder of the game (about 2 min of clock time).
Old Fri Jan 06, 2012, 08:33pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler3492 View Post
I didn't work with Infini, but I did officiate some of those games. The worst players to deal with were: Kyle Lowry #1, some guy that is a MVP in Europe and went to Michigan State, John Wall and....drum roll please....Kobe "if my name wasn't" Karl "I would be selling used cars"!

The situation in the story probably is made worse by the fact that Infini is a North Las Vegas cop! Assaulting someone in the FOP is kind of stupid. Lowry didn't know it so his best bet would have been to just not act like a punk.